Hide
5 Posts

Star Fleet Battles: Captain's Edition Basic Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Displacing over webs? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John D'Alessandro
msg tools
I wouldn't be surprised if I was looking right at the answer to this without seeing it. G18.72 is clear on the fact that the web itself cannot be moved by a DisDev, and that a web anchor cannot be moved by one without its consent. Can a DisDev, however, move a ship that is not a web anchor from one side of the web to another? Does it matter whether the Andro is using enemy displacement, self-displacement, or other-Andro displacement? I am particularly concerned with self-displacement and other-Andro displacement. If this can be done through a web, it would make the Tholian defenses much easier to penetrate. As a separate but related question, does transporting SatShips through web follow the same rules as normal transporter operation through web (i.e. can't be done), or is it allowed because transporting SatShips follows a different set of rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Brennen
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Yes, you can Displace ships, that are not web anchors, "over" the web from one side to the other. There are specific examples in the rules about doing this.
I don't think that a SatShip can be transported through a web, but it can be displaced through the web.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Blank
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(G18.671) is the rule you want, an Andromedan ship can displace itself or another ship across one web strand, but not more than one strand in a single displacement (if you try to do this the displaced unit appears in the second web strand). Both units must start on the same side or be in the web (one ship cannot displace another if the "line of fire" completely crosses web). You can displace out of web (which counts as displacing across that web).

Andromedan transporters are blocked like normal transporters, there is no special exception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D'Alessandro
msg tools
Thanks. Since I know SFB goes out of its way to make sure any possible interaction between two systems is covered, I knew I almost had to be looking right at it without seeing, but I wasn't sure whether I needed to be looking at the web rules or the DisDev rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Blank
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be able to find the info from both rules, but there is a bad rules reference at (G10.78) Displacement Devices. The reference to (G18.71) should be to (G18.671). I have reported it on the SFB boards, so in a future update of the PDF rules it will get fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.