Yanis Batura
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
Suppose I have an unspent +1 for military and Homer is replaced. Do I still have that military bonus in this turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kameron
msg tools
No - once Homer disappears from play the resource is gone. (that is how BGO adjudicates it)

So doing this:

Homer --> Leo --> Discover Swords --> Build Swords

Would give you only 1 free rock (from Leo). You cannot rig this to get 2 free rock, unless you do this:

Homer --> Warrior --> Leo --> Discover Swords --> Upgrade to Swords

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yanis Batura
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
So Homer every turn has a new free cookie in his hands, but only gives it the moment the cookie is needed by the player. He doesn't hand it in to the player in the beginning of the turn or when he's elected. And when he's gone, he disappears with his cookie.
Are all BGO interpretations of the rules officially sanctioned by the author of the game (I suppose so, but still)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Inego wrote:
So Homer every turn has a new free cookie in his hands, but only gives it the moment the cookie is needed by the player. He doesn't hand it in to the player in the beginning of the turn or when he's elected. And when he's gone, he disappears with his cookie.
Are all BGO interpretations of the rules officially sanctioned by the author of the game (I suppose so, but still)?

It may not feel intuitive at first, but yes, that result is consistent. The bonus only applies while the leader is in play. Many leaders (and other cards) have effects that come into play during a turn (or leave), and are handled similarly. A few cards say they are for the turn, but those are called out specifically.

If it helps you, think of it this way. He doesn't have a free cookie in his hand. He goes and makes you a cookie when you ask for it during your turn.

No Homer, no cookie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inego wrote:

Not necessarily. Maybe with the new edition, since they worked more closely, but in the old version there were a few adjustments that were made after the official clarification was pointed out, and there's at least one instance of a rule that I think they got wrong (end of game triggering with International Agreement during the first player's turn), but since there never was an official ruling, and opinions were divided, it was left as originally coded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yanis Batura
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
It seems that the original BGO implementation of Homer used the "gives 1 at the start of turn" interpretation, but then it was fixed to the correct version: http://boardgamingonline.freeforums.org/post14846.html#p1484...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.