Hide
3 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Incorporation of more 1e components? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Sharp
msg tools
Loving the 2nd edition I picked up at Gencon. I've played a couple of games solo and I'm bringing it to my game group later today.

My question concerns the first edition components other than the minis and tiles. In particular, I loved the puzzles for the first edition. Does anyone know if there's a plan to incorporate these into the app? Something like, "set up the puzzle on the table to look like this:" It seems like it would be simple enough to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cantor
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Opus69 wrote:
Does anyone know if there's a plan to incorporate these into the app? Something like, "set up the puzzle on the table to look like this:" It seems like it would be simple enough to do.

Exceedingly unlikely since they've already implemented puzzles in the app. I would guess they'd potentally create new puzzle types in the app before they'd ever go back to cardboard.

I think the view of most people was that the 1e puzzles ground the game to a halt even though the idea was interesting, so eliminating the setup time was the priority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
More Mellotron wrote:
Opus69 wrote:
Does anyone know if there's a plan to incorporate these into the app? Something like, "set up the puzzle on the table to look like this:" It seems like it would be simple enough to do.

Exceedingly unlikely since they've already implemented puzzles in the app. I would guess they'd potentally create new puzzle types in the app before they'd ever go back to cardboard.

I think the view of most people was that the 1e puzzles ground the game to a halt even though the idea was interesting, so eliminating the setup time was the priority.

"Ground the game to a halt even though the idea was interesting" describes 1st Edition to a T. Even though I (and many others on this forum) have a lot of nostalgia towards 1st E, the game was an absolute slog for the Keeper to bookkeep and set up, while it tried to execute some really unique ideas.

I'd guess that you're assumption is correct that they probably wouldn't go back to cardboard when they have this shiny new app with a ton of potential. And that's probably for the better. Introducing cardboard puzzles into an expansion, when the app has streamlined so much, would feel like taking two steps back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.