Popular Tags: [View All]
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a player have two dynamite cards in front of him simultaneously or he must discard one the moment he receives the second?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot simply discard Dynamite!
Once it has been played will it continue round the table until it explodes - and should you have two sticks in front of you, you might find it worth saying a small prayer when drawing cards to see if they explode!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keck
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FAQ on the official Dodge City Website:

D6. What happens when there are two Dynamite in play and only two players still alive?
R. The Dynamite must pass to the first player (in clockwise order) without a Dynamite already in
play. So, if the Dynamite does not explode, it stays in front of the same player, because the other
one has already another in play.

Seems like you can't get a double dynamite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC the rules in Dodge City state that the dynamites never end up on the same player, if one person already has one the second one skips him and moves to the next player. Its been a while since I looked though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonRMax wrote:
IIRC the rules in Dodge City state that the dynamites never end up on the same player, if one person already has one the second one skips him and moves to the next player. Its been a while since I looked though.

True. Dynamite is only mentioned with a single sentence, which I actually looked up before I replied, but somehow the latter half of the sentence didn't sink in - even though it is pretty clear:

"if the Dynamite does not explode, it must be passed to the first player to your left who does not already have a Dynamite in front of him."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United States
Jamaica Plain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play with double dynamite. Makes it interesting 'cept for Lucky Duke who just smiles as all that TNT gets passed around.

We also play with the house rule that when you put out the dynamite you have to check to see if it blows up right away then you pass it left. Makes folk a bit more hesitant but adds to the fun for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riledguy wrote:
We play with double dynamite. Makes it interesting 'cept for Lucky Duke who just smiles as all that TNT gets passed around.

Hmm.. why wud Lucky Duke smile? He's just as vulnerable to the Dynamite blast... His power of drawing two, choose one only comes in place AFTER he has drawn a card to see if the dynamite blows up. That draw has to be a single card no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jack208 wrote:
Hmm.. why wud Lucky Duke smile? He's just as vulnerable to the Dynamite blast... His power of drawing two, choose one only comes in place AFTER he has drawn a card to see if the dynamite blows up. That draw has to be a single card no?

No, it is the other way around!

He will only draw two cards - just like anybody else - during phase 1 of his turn. But anytime he is required to "draw!" a card will he draw two cards and chose which to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
jack208 wrote:

No, it is the other way around!

He will only draw two cards - just like anybody else - during phase 1 of his turn. But anytime he is required to "draw!" a card will he draw two cards and chose which to use.

Oh jeez.... so we been playing the Lucky Dude wrong. Guess our Dude not that lucky.

Thnks Great Dane for the heads-up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Melfi
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We play with the house rule that Dynamite MUST come into play. You draw it, you play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kerrym2000 wrote:
We play with the house rule that Dynamite MUST come into play. You draw it, you play it.

That doesn't make sense to me.
Why would a law-abiding person try to kill innocent people?

This is my only gripe with the game. Too many people likes to kill other people just for the fun of it. Each player has a role to play and the game is at it's best when people try to act their role.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Slowiak
United States
New Lenox
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a member of kerrym2000's group I can add that we definitely add that the dyanmite comes directly in play. Not for some storyline reason, but I suppose you could pretend that the person accidentally found the dynamite and keeps putting it somewhere else for the next person to find.

The reason we do it is because of the great tension it adds to your turn. It's fun to see how long it lasts. devil

We just played yesterday and had 2 dynamites circling the table. Talk about fun

Well, fun for all except those people with only 3 health. I hope they saved their Beer.

As for the random killings, we were discussing this yesterday. Maybe it is best to think of all the players entering the town for the first time. Maybe the town just had a run of bad luck and the various government agencies sent new Sherrifs and Deputies to see over the town and the various outlaws heard about a lawless town to plunder.

All of them enter the town at the same time. One has a shiney badge which proves he's the law, but the rest you have to rely on their word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.