Project: ELITE» Forums » Rules

Subject: Alien movement question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark T
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had my first game playing solo Project Elite and something came up which I'm not clear on. When rolling the action dice and the skulls come up, when you only have one model left on the board does it move multiple times using up all the skulls? It was a boss and it was the only one left on the board, rolled 4 skulls at one point and wasn't sure if he just sprinted 4 squares or just moved 1 square.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew P.
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In your example, the boss would move 4 squares. It can be very dangerous when there's only 1 enemy left. Don't forget that if you don't take any more actions, you don't have to use the Skulls. This can be a good decision to make if it's near the end of the round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Yeah the boss was really making a break for the starting zone. So basically as long as there are models on the board the skulls have to be assigned?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yarp

Just don't do what I did my first game and move them their movement speed each time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Whoosh: Bounty Hunters - September 4th on Kickstarter
mbmbmbmbmb
It is indeed a wise decision to know when to stop rolling the dice. It is sometimes better to stop rolling and just wait for the next Round so that more Aliens can enter the board in order to have more candidates for your Alien Move symbols.

You may sometimes want to leave some Aliens alive on purpose to avoid the danger of making one of them move really fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes! Yeah I need to learn when to stop rolling the dice but the 2 minute countdown puts me so much on the edge I'm rolling dice like a crazy person! Played again solo (this time reading the solo rules! Derp!) and had two runners make a break for the starting space in turn 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Even if you had a lot of aliens on the board you can likewise move the furthest away alien 4 squares (once per skull)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pew Peng
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pieforteeth wrote:
Don't forget that if you don't take any more actions, you don't have to use the Skulls. This can be a good decision to make if it's near the end of the round.

Is it correct, that you can ignore skulls, if you don't do any actions afterwards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sotiris Tsantilas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PewPewPeng wrote:
pieforteeth wrote:
Don't forget that if you don't take any more actions, you don't have to use the Skulls. This can be a good decision to make if it's near the end of the round.

Is it correct, that you can ignore skulls, if you don't do any actions afterwards?

No. Once the Alien move has been rolled, you must resolve it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sotiris Tsantilas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What I meant to say is that you are allowed to pause and not resolve any Alien Move symbols you have rolled (in order perhaps to allow someone else to deal with the problem), however as soon as the Action Phase ends, you must resolve those Alien Move symbols if there are still any Aliens on the Game Board. Example: There is only one Alien left on the Game Board and is about to enter the Starting Area which means you will lose the game. You roll your dice and roll an Alien Move symbol which -when resolved- will allow the Alien to enter the Starting Area. You choose not to resolve the Alien Move symbol and wait while another Player kills that Alien. The Action Phase then ends, but you no longer need to perform the Alien Move since there is no Alien on the Game Board at this moment. I hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Hobbs
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
No matter how intense I may get about enjoying boardgames, I hope I never forget to simply be an amateur.
mbmbmbmbmb
cinos wrote:
Yarp

Just don't do what I did my first game and move them their movement speed each time.

LOL! That game must have been over quickly.yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.