Santa Fe Springs
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / OCBG Member
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have no birds left in my "pool", what do I do on my turn? Am I skipped? Or can I relocate a bird...?

If my turn is just being skipped, it feels like something should be happening. So house-ruling may be the way to go. Maybe I should get 1 free resource of my choice? That would help me stay in the game/move forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J. Mortimer
United Kingdom
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Danny,

As per the rules, on your turn you either place a bird from your pool or activate a card with your bird on.

Therefore if you have no birds in your pool you must activate a card.

This is where the key to the game is, getting yourself into a position so others activate your cards for you meaning you can keep placing on your turn rather than spending it to activate.

No need to house rule

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Santa Fe Springs
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if I'm being dense here--I read those 2 options for your turn: place a bird or activate. I don't know why I am thinking that when you place the 2nd bird it automatically activates the Action card. Is this false?

I guess in my mind (perhaps as a result of a video I watched?) the rule was: "When any player places his 2nd bird on an Action card, this triggers the action for every bird on the card, then they all fly home to their owners' pools."

Now I'm trying to find where it says this in the rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J. Mortimer
United Kingdom
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Placing a bird on a card never activates it. Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Santa Fe Springs
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We definitely played this all wrong. I'm wondering how much different it will feel playing it this way, and whether we will like it better or not? I'm making up a 4x6 card full of clarifications right now, so we'll be ready to untangle this next time. Sorry I got this so mixed up; you've been a BIG help, David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J. Mortimer
United Kingdom
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's hope you enjoy it more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.