Leaving Earth» Forums » General

Subject: Rendezvous card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
søren hansen
msg tools
mb
Hi

I just bought Leaving earth and I'm about to start up my first try at the game.

Just one quick component question. I have all the big scientific advancements cards for rockets, Landing, life support and so on. Every tech card has some small cards that matches for assembling the spacecrafts - except the rendezvous tech. Are there supposed to be any of those? or can all my spacecrafts just rendezvous as long as I have bought the tech?

Sorry if this has been asked already. Checked the rules and the forum, but didn't see any thing that fittet the bill.

Thank you

Søren
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Maynard
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any two ships can rendezvous and dock and undock.

The thing to note about the non-component techs like landing, rendezvous, re-entry is that if a component lists a tech then you cannot build that component until you have that tech BUT the reverse is not true.

For example any ship can attempt to land, not just those that have components with the Landing tech on them like the Eagle. You can for example try to land a Vostok on the moon, but you will still have to overcome the manoeuvre requirement and have bought the Landing tech. It is quite common to land a probe.

Note with re-entry that all 4 manned capsules have notes about that hazard. Only Vostok and Apollo can re-enter safely of these four. However Probes and all the boosters etc can re-enter without any problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
søren hansen
msg tools
mb
ah ok, perfect.
Thank you for the quick and good reply! That cleared things up quite a bit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.