Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan
Netherlands
Sint-Oedenrode
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With Hanjin Shipping company filing for bankruptcy (see this thread) I am wondering if this has an impact on the games present at Spiel (Essen) or BGG Con. Will we see a Spiel like some years back where several games are missing and only available for demo/display?
Do you know any games with their shipment delayed due to this event?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
asdoriak wrote:
With Hanjin Shipping company filing for bankruptcy (see this thread) I am wondering if this has an impact on the games present at Spiel (Essen) or BGG Con. Will we see a Spiel like some years back where several games are missing and only available for demo/display?
Do you know any games with their shipment delayed due to this event?

It won'tbe a big problem for the games I care for. Those are mostly produced by Ludofact in Germany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
A valid point indeed, games booked to ship with this company might not make it if no arrangements are made.
However, who knows which games are being shipped with Hanjin?

I do believe that prices for shipping might go up in the long run, don't forget that one of the reasons behind the bankruptcy is the huge overcapacity. Economically that's bound to have some repercussions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan
Netherlands
Sint-Oedenrode
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read this news article (in Dutch) which basically tells the Rotterdam container terminal agreed with transport organisations to release the Hanjin containers stuck in Rotterdam (probably the closest sea harbor/container terminal to Essen). So I guess similar deals will be made for other ports and future shipments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
asdoriak wrote:
stuck in Rotterdam (probably the closest sea harbor/container terminal to Essen).

Not that it matters at all, but Antwerp is 30km closer to Essen

I've been monitoring the local news for this kind of info too - I'd hate it if a game I'm interested would get stuck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.