Hide
5 Posts

Pandánte (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I make the bank pay for me? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean Laurant
msg tools
If my opponent uses Raise ability and I don't have 5 golds, do I have to fold?
Or can I make the bank pay the amount I don't have (infinitely) when this happens / betting / getting a snack card / upgrading my hand?
If I do that and win the gambit (and get golds), should I pay off the money the bank has paid?

By the way, am I correct that if I use Raise ability, my opponents make a decision in turn order (just like the first edition rules)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharpo Bject
United States
flag msg tools
Typically you won't be out of gold when betting or paying for snacks, because the Gold Fairy will fill you up to 20 gold at the start of each gambit.

If an opponent raises and you have less than 5 gold, you don't have to fold, you can get the gold fairy to pay whatever you cannot. You'll still be able to upgrade your hand, but you cannot challenge during that gambit, and you'll sit out the next gambit. You don't have to return any gold to the bank ever.

This stuff is on page 4 of the rulebook at http://www.sirlin.net/rules.

It's right that your opponents decide to pay 5 or fold for Raise in turn order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Laurant
msg tools
Thank you for the clarification.
The rules don't explain those details though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sirlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The newer link to all rulebooks is on our new site at www.sirlingames.com/rulebooks

Regarding do you have to fold if you're below 0, do you sit out or not, will the fairy cover your debts if you are already below 0, and can you challenge at 0, all of that is in this text on page 4:

---

Whenever you end a gambit with less than 20 gold, a magic fairy fills your gold back up to 20! This refill happens just before the ante phase of the following gambit (we’ll get to that in just a minute).

If you ever go below 0 gold during a gambit though, that’s a more serious
matter. The magic fairy will pay all your debts for you and you can continue playing the rest of that gambit, but you’ll have to frolic with her the entire next
gambit (you’ll have to sit out of the game). She’ll then refill you back to 20 gold at the start of the following gambit, then you can continue playing normally. Try to avoid going below 0 gold because someone else might win the game while you’re sitting out.

Also, if you’re below 0 gold, you cannot challenge
anyone’s hand in the Showdown (see page 8.)

---

Nothing anywhere tells you to repay anything, so you don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Laurant
msg tools
Thank you for the reply.

I get that you don't need to fold when you go below 0 gold, but the rules don't explicitly explain if you can choose to pay more than you have (from the bank).
After reading the rules, I thought the fairy only pay the amount of money you're forced to pay but you can't (such as the penalty for false-accusing).

I've got the answer anyway (as you don't deny Sharpo's reply) and the clarity of the rules doesn't matter to me anymore though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.