Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shannon T
Australia
Peakhurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having a blast playing this with my son today. He had the Misinformation curse, yelling "I found the exit" over and over as he was exploring often.

Then he went silent. He had drawn the Silence curse. We soon exited the temple, and he asked me, "Dad what was I supposed to do when I have both of these curses?"

How would anyone else play this?

a) Silence always overrides Misinformation
b) Misinformation always overrides Silence
c) The most recently drawn curse always overrides the older curse
d) the older curse always overrides the most recently drawn curse
e) some other variant I'm not thinking of

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just go with A.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly would say that it ultimately doesn't matter as long as you're fulfilling the most you possibly can at a time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon T
Australia
Peakhurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colormage1 wrote:
I honestly would say that it ultimately doesn't matter . . .

Of course. I understand that, it's a light game, have fun with it, play how you want etc...

colormage1 wrote:
. . . as long as you're fulfilling the most you possibly can at a time!

I'm just interested to know, in that situation, what do you consider to be fullfilling the most you can at a time? What would you do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thewagon wrote:
colormage1 wrote:
. . . as long as you're fulfilling the most you possibly can at a time!

I'm just interested to know, in that situation, what do you consider to be fullfilling the most you can at a time? What would you do?

Well, I'd probably have the new curse take precedent.

Or maybe even a combination of the two? Without opening your mouth always mumble, "I've found the exit!"

When I'm playing this game, I just go with the flow and if I remember that I have two tiles that are contradicting each other, I'll just go with what makes the most sense at the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Colvin
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
A

(This message is too short, apparently)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My interpretation would be that new curses are ignored until existing curses are defeated. So, once misinformation is defeated, silence would immediately kick in until it is defeated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon T
Australia
Peakhurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thorphin wrote:
My interpretation would be that new curses are ignored until existing curses are defeated. So, once misinformation is defeated, silence would immediately kick in until it is defeated.

That's an interesting way to look at it. The problem with ignoring other curses is that Misinformation cannot be removed by rolling a combination of symbols, you could only get rid of it using the exchange chamber or the Counterspell treasure. So you more than likely would end up ignoring all other curses for the rest of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.