4 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » General

Subject: Why 12 rare tech limit? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
I guess the thread title says it all... why?

I think that more unique techs would add variability to the game and fun, so I put all the rate techs from all expansions in the bag...

I am concerned though in case I am missing something, how would a 13th rate tech break the balance? I don't think it can be due distorting too much the VPs gained through tech and the discounts, those are minor in the grand total, and having 16 rare techs in a 6p game is still on average less of an impact as having 12 for 2 players... Just wondering here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
M0ebius wrote:
I guess the thread title says it all... why?

I think that more unique techs would add variability to the game and fun, so I put all the rate techs from all expansions in the bag...

I am concerned though in case I am missing something, how would a 13th rate tech break the balance? I don't think it can be due distorting too much the VPs gained through tech and the discounts, those are minor in the grand total, and having 16 rare techs in a 6p game is still on average less of an impact as having 12 for 2 players... Just wondering here...

You might want to read through this thread:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1621489/rare-techs-bag

The topic has been extensively discussed there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
Q: Are we not men?
mbmbmbmbmb
What he said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
Thx, apologies for the duplicate thread then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.