Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tod Andrew
Australia
Wollongong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that all played cards AND any remaining cards are discarded at the end of a turn.

But if unplayed cards could instead be retained in hand for future turns, wouldn't this enhance strategic depth of the game?

Maybe there are gameplay reasons why the whole hand of cards has to be discarded each turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It would considerably change the game.
If you had e.g. two cards that only worked if drawn together, you could keep one of them until you draw the other.

I'm not saying ths is better or worse, but the card prices are definitely not based on having this rule, and should therefore be off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ashman wrote:
It would considerably change the game.

Defense cards.
Being able to save Defense cards would be a HUGE change. Especially since most of them are better as defenses than played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking of things like Kyle and the rings, Suicide Squads, Man of Steel and "+ power for each [TYPE] in discard" cards... what a game-breaker holding cards would be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dekan Wheeler
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
tod_13 wrote:
I understand that all played cards AND any remaining cards are discarded at the end of a turn.

But if unplayed cards could instead be retained in hand for future turns, wouldn't this enhance strategic depth of the game?

Maybe there are gameplay reasons why the whole hand of cards has to be discarded each turn?

Check out the Ongoing cards in DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Teen Titans
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Burns
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DekanCrypto wrote:
tod_13 wrote:

Check out the Ongoing cards in DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Teen Titans

This is a fantastic reply, because it's the whole point of the Ongoing cards, and Teen Titans is loaded with them. We've played several games of TT and players will find themselves with 3, 4, 5, even 6 Ongoing cards in front of them they're able to utilize on any given subsequent turn. Very much second Dekan's recommendation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Nelson Jr.
United States
Cumberland
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tod_13 wrote:

Thunderstone Advance has a 'Prepare' action, where you don't do anything that turn, but can retain any number of cards from your hand when you draw up to a new one.

Give it a shot and let us know how it goes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tod Andrew
Australia
Wollongong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marcnelsonjr wrote:
tod_13 wrote:

Thunderstone Advance has a 'Prepare' action, where you don't do anything that turn, but can retain any number of cards from your hand when you draw up to a new one.

Would that involve discarding a number of cards and then drawing that number of cards (to bring your hand up to, say, 5 cards)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tod_13 wrote:
marcnelsonjr wrote:
tod_13 wrote:

Would that involve discarding a number of cards and then drawing that number of cards (to bring your hand up to, say, 5 cards)?

Yes, exactly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.