10 Posts

Eclipse: Shadow of the Rift» Forums » Rules

Subject: What discovery ship parts go out of the hull? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
I am just confused as I cannot find it easily in the rules.

Could you name which discoveries (including expansions) are placed out of the ship hull?

All turrets? Just some? soblue

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M0ebius wrote:
I am just confused as I cannot find it easily in the rules.

Could you name which discoveries (including expansions) are placed out of the ship hull?

All turrets? Just some? soblue

Thx!

All the ones with a black starry background rather than the grey "metalish" one. Unless I misremember Muon Source is the only Discovery Ship Part to be placed outside of the usual blueprint currently available.

Edit: You are only referring to the Ship-Part Discoveries, right? Not stuff like Orbitals, Resources, Cruisers, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
Yes I was referring to that, I had the doubt with all the "turret" discovery tiles, I was playing right then.

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
Q: Are we not men?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the rulebook tells you what discovery techs end up "outside" your ship. Muon Source is the only one that says "place outside your ship blueprint". The rest all specifically say "place in your ship blueprint".

So on the upside, it is clear in the rulebook :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an unhealthy love for Muon source. I probably use it all the time when I should have taken 2 points instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tranenturm wrote:
I have an unhealthy love for Muon source. I probably use it all the time when I should have taken 2 points instead.

I hear there's a group for that... Mothers Opposed to Muon Source. They have weekly meetings. I attend regularly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tinney
Australia
Whyalla Jenkins
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tranenturm wrote:

It's odd isn't it? I always add it to one of my ships too, never take the VPs.

I think it's something to do with the perceived efficiency of expanding your blueprint but seeing as I almost always take the VPs for every other discovery the appeal of this one is pretty odd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
I can't help dreaming about a fleet of interceptors with muon source and the new drive that does not consume energy...

The perfect dream is completed by 2 rift cannons, improv hull that drive all fueled by the muon source... No sane player would ever let me get my hands on that but who knows...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
Q: Are we not men?
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are gonna have Muon Source, you might as well also have Rift Turret :-)

Interceptor: Rift Turret, 2xImproved Hull, Transition Drive, (Muon Source).

With the dual Improved Hull, it probably doesn't matter that you'll have very limited initiative...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
Ok if it ever happens I will take a pic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.