$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Empire of the Sun» Forums » Rules

Subject: Timing of the placement of delayed reinforcements and non-delayed HQs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Petri P
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an old thread about this, which quotes the (then latest) rules to say that delayed reinforcements are placed before the HQs: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/981151/reinforcement-phase

However, those quotes do not exist in the current version of the rules, and I can find nothing there to say that delayed reinforcements would be needed to be placed before the HQ.

Case in point: Turn 3 ANZAC arrives, and so arrives the British (delayed) fleet of Warspite, Indomitable and Hermes.

Is it nowadays legal to deploy those ships with the just arriving ANZAC?

The current rules say only (10.11)
Quote:
Allied player places all reinforcements first, and then the Japanese
player does so

(10.21)
Quote:
If the WIE level is 1 or greater, or if required by
Inter-Service Rivalry or an Event Card play, Allied player receives
all reinforcements from the Delayed Reinforcement box and all
Allied reinforcements for this turn are placed in the delay box.
In other cases, Allied player receives all reinforcements from the
Delayed Reinforcements box and all reinforcements for the turn to
place.

and (10.23)
Quote:
HQ units and US B29 Air units can never be delayed.

No mention about needing to place delayed reinforcements first is in the sequence of play sheet either.

So, can ANZAC arrive together with the delayed British Fleet on turn 3? In Australia, for instance..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hammond
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is legal. I can cite the current staff game over on Consimworld where the Allies placed ANZAC and Hermes into Darwin during their reinforcement step. Since Mark is playing on the Allied side, I'd have to think it is allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never noticed the change in language. Thanks for catching that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.