Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Concise reviews of a random sample of games played.

Plays: 1
My rating: 4

I bought this out of curiosity because there was so little information about it on the geek - also because I rather liked the box art. Unfortunately, there's really not much of a game here.

Have At Thee (as the name perhaps suggests) is a straight-up take-that game. Each player has a hand of cards (at the start of each round you're dealt seven and discard down to five) and on their turn they choose another player to attack (so long as they have an Attack card to play) - the target can then potentially play a Defence card or an (oddly named) Ouch card to reduce or counter the attack. Attacks that get through are kept in a damage pile and counted up at the end of a number of rounds. That's basically it. The only information that you have on which to base your attacking decisions is how many cards a player has and how much damage you've seen them take so far.

The theme, of swashbuckling sword-fights, is quite an appealing one and some of the card names capture the idea. There could be some fun to be had in roleplaying the fight, in fact I think this might be where the game would work - if you wanted to simulate a tavern brawl or a fight between adventurers in a roleplaying game, Have At Thee could be a quick, fun way to do that. As an actual game though, there are few meaningful decisions to be made and it's not something I'm keen to play again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.