$35.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » General

Subject: What are those... (possible spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J C
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...long "capsule" shaped tokens for? We're about to embark on our first ever playthrough, but I'm wary of starting without understanding what those 12-or-so tokens are for. Each has some random iconography from the game (shields and such, often multiple on each token), but I can't find a single mention of them in the rule book, nor does there seem to be a place to keep them in the box.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What are those long "capsule" shaped tokens for?
You will know after playing the game.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What are those long "capsule" shaped tokens for?
costanzojt wrote:
... but I can't find a single mention of them in the rule book
While the tokens aren't specifically mentioned, there are definitely some details about them in the rule book, you might want to sharpen up those observational skills before getting into field operations agent.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What are those long "capsule" shaped tokens for?
costanzojt wrote:
We're about to embark on our first ever playthrough, but I'm wary of starting without understanding what those 12-or-so tokens are for. Each has some random iconography from the game (shields and such, often multiple on each token), but I can't find a single mention of them in the rule book, nor does there seem to be a place to keep them in the box.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!


You can see most of the icons on them in the iconography section. Anyone not listed there will be explained in a later scenario. But as mentioned, they will be revealed to you after your mission is over. The reason for it not being any dedicated space in the box, was that they were initially placed UNDER the plastic insert, so you weren't even supposed to know about them before you're told to. They are called "beacons", by the way.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
tokens
I thought this was a rather fun surprise in the game. Would hate for it to be spoiled for others.

So I would consider editing your subject line to something generic about tokens and putting the question in spoiler tags. Goes for Tor's answer too. Just a suggestion. :)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Re: What are those long "capsule" shaped tokens for?
Oops... totally didn't realize they were meant as a surprise! I heard them rattling around down there (some of the tokens had come loose) and assumed the game was mispackaged or that the punchboard had fallen back there somehow. At any rate, thanks for the replies!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bailey
United States
Statesville
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
costanzojt wrote:
Oops... totally didn't realize they were meant as a surprise! I heard them rattling around down there (some of the tokens had come loose) and assumed the game was mispackaged or that the punchboard had fallen back there somehow. At any rate, thanks for the replies!


Same here, mine were rattling around. I will chuck them back under there and pretend that it was just a dream...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.