Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G. Uitz
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Gamers,

just finished the first two solo games with the same mission setup...
the. results could not be different:

Run 1) Sandman, drew two weapons.. Sniper Rifle and Plasma Gun.
Not the best combination, since both are long range weapons with the same activation characteristics (1 weapon + 1 search symbol).

What the hell, let's give it a shot. Watching the videos is nice, but playing in real time for the first time is...WOW... what a ride.

First aliens... coming from 2 directions... I headed to the center entrance to get to the first objective quickly... it is unbelievable, how many alien symbols pop up on 5 dice.. and how few move symbols.. I did not get to the objective, but could at least snipe 2 enemies.

More aliens came up in round 2.. more shooters and 6 runners (bad D6 roll). Since the amount of enemies was already significant due to my bad shooting in round 1, I wanted to kill off a bit more this time.

What a very bad decision.. lots of alien symbols, just a few shots. The reload rate and accuracy is just not good enough. At least I could put 4 aliens on adjacent spaces to sleep.

Still no objective cleared.

Round 3: Crushox steps out of the portal.. man this guy is big... I decided to stay away from him. The board gets more crowded and I manage to clear the first objective after about 1 minute.. 3 dice gone and I can't do much with the remaining 2. I try to move a bit. The alien symbols let critters enter the lab from both the center and the southern entry.

There are some runners, and I have to clear the lab first, before going for the second objective to the south.

Round 4: I am activating my ability again and 4 critters fall to the floor unconciuosly.. unfortunately the are still breathing. I grit my teeth and head for the southern entry to kill the intruders coming from there.. same story as before... the long range weapons just don't have the right shot frequency. I kill some, but not enough.. Crushox, that big red nightmare, approaches the building relemtlessly and unchallenged.

Round 5: No time to check the windows to see the swarms of enemies flooding the lab's surroundings, the are everywhere.. I am too slow. Two aliens reach the starting area... at least I don't have to avoid another boss.

Mission Debriefing: What do you expect from a guy in tights who calls himself Sandman? I suck. I should have gone for new weapons right at the beginning.. maybe get an additional item... I am a rookie but the game didn't know that.

Run 2) This time I picked momentum, since I think speed is the key for solo missions.. two weapons, Cyclone and Firestorm. Both activate with just one weapon symbol.

Round 1: Wooohooo, this boy literally flies over the board. Moving two spaces for each movement symbol rolled does make a difference.

The initial spawn is moderate and I decide to go for the objective right away. Rushing out through the center entrance I stop at the objective kill 2 aliens and finish it off with a single lucky die roll.

Round 2: More aliens appear but they are still far from the lab. I decide to use my agility and head right for the second objective. Some aliens are here, so I try to clear the spaces around the objective. I kill about 3 of them before the round ends. A shooter inflicts a second hit, but I just shrug and remain calm.

Round 3: Calarook appears, but he can't harm me any more. Some alien symbols and weapon symbols later I finish the second objective and try to finish the game... can I make it? Well, sure I can, I am Momentum after all. So I dodge, circle and outrun all enemies and reach the starting area in the same round.

Game won.

Bottom Line: I sure did better in run two and rolled a bit quicker.. still I think that the combination of character and weapon helped me in run two.. as did the luck of the card draw...

Sorry guys, I have to go and play another game...

Dark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sotiris Tsantilas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing Dark!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seba J
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
when playing with 2 or more players, everybody draws weapons and/or equipment, then the players are free to decide who takes which gun/gadget. this is (besides fun and planning the game in advance) an advantage over playing alone.
this could be averted with a ruling like: if you're playing solo with one char, draw 2 weapons, 2 equipment and choose 2 of the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
So jealous, I want to play this game so badly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this game coming to the US?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall COBB
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

WOW! Awesome session report!! It has been so long since the KS that I was kinda indifferent to the game ever arriving, but this has got me PSYCHED for it again! Thanks DarkPadawan, hope my copy gets here sooner rather than later now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game does sound neat, hence, I hope there is a plan to release it in the US for non-KS backers at some point. I know there was a lot of miniature drama which I did not follow very closely, so I don't know what that means for a retail release. Will US distributors want it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall COBB
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It's an Artipia/Drawlab game, so I am pretty sure there will be a US retail release down the road. Also, a LOT of bad blood over the miniature fiasco, so watch for it on the cheap in the marketplace/auctions once it finishes shipping. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whavoc wrote:

It's an Artipia/Drawlab game, so I am pretty sure there will be a US retail release down the road. Also, a LOT of bad blood over the miniature fiasco, so watch for it on the cheap in the marketplace/auctions once it finishes shipping. cool

Unfortunately I have been in a few of those Kickstarters myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.