Subject: Story or campaign with old thunderstone. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After visiting the rules of Warhammer the adventure card game and Pathfinder the adventure card game I've come to a simple realization. The counter and story element of wtacg could easily be implemented into thunder stone. Just knock up some flavor text on a matching blank cards and choose a specific higher level monster immediately after it. The character development of ptacg not so much. So do such variants already exist or am I just daydreaming?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cappello
United States
Pasadena
MD
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I made a couple Classic Modules and posted them in the Variants section of Thunderstone: Dragonspire, my favorite of which was The Borrowsdale Plague

I had intended to make a few more, but there didn't seem to be much demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a pro and a con to the 'story concept'. If you write it yourself there is no surprise or reveal of the story.

I'm thinking aloud here but I believe that the story would be chopped into segments.

An introduction card would indicated which monsters are chosen for the deck. It would introduce any special rules and the start of the story.

Each story segment would be numbered for their progression and mixed into the deck so they appear in numbered order to preserve the story. Each story segment also indicates a particular card to feature before/above it. This monster may possibly be from a different category than the scenarios primary monster pool. The story segment indicates wither it is to be revealed before or after the monster. Thus making each monster in essence a 'boss/minion' fight. The story card also gives special rules to this monster making it nasty in special ways.

By the time you get to the thunderstone at the end of the deck you reveal the last story segment & or boss monster which is placed aside.

These story segments and scenarios are just one idea to spice up the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.