Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say I do an assassination-action against a player with two artisan meeples. I pay my Iblis to "double" the assassination. So I kill both artisans of my victim. Further I own Kandicha, that means, I don't put the two artisan meeples into the bag, but use their tribe action and keep the meeples.

Now comes the question: Is the killing of the two artisan meeples treated as two successive assassinations, or as a single "double-assassination"?

Note the implication of this: If it is two successive assassinations, then I draw two items and keep both of them (2 times the usage of one artisan). If it is treated as a double assassination, then I also draw two items, but can keep only one of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Bushey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have rules in front of me, but this has come up in my games before. We play that you get both meeples, but you don't get the treasure for them. The treasure (or any other ability) is only for the person that removed them from the tiles. You have me wondering if we've been playing wrong. Hopefully, someone else chimes in, otherwise, I'll have to pull out my rules when I get home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You clearly played wrong. The last page of the expansion flyers explains in the box for the revised Kandicha, that you get an item.

So I regard it as undisputed, that you draw item(s). It is only the question, how much you can keep in combination with Iblis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Barasona
United States
Snoqualmie
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what is the ruling on this? Have we gotten a certain official answer? I played a game against this very combo last night - Iblis, Kandicha, and killing 2 Artisans which gave him 2 items - and it seems very over-powered. Iblis + Kandicha is already super strong, but then to add the fact that your opponent then also gets to draw and keep 2 items was an near-impossible combo to beat. If it was just "draw 2 and keep 1 item", it would be slightly less of a beating lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle B
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I guess there is no answer to this question still?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Kazimierczuk
Poland
Sulejówek
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mb
Up. Come on, Bruno, and shed some light on the subject.

It happened in one of my games and at first my opinion was that the killer takes two items and keeps one, because the meeples were killed with one action. But my friend argued that if you kill two green people, you draw two cards from the merchant deck (which is rather obvious). To be honest, if you kill an artisan and a merchant, you may both draw a card and an item.
So it seems that the double-artisan killer is entitled to get two items, as powerful as it may seem. But after all, it doesn't turn out to be overpowered. The guy won with a significant but not overwhelming advantage, 202-175-152, and he had a decent strategy, but also a lot of coincidence that helped him.

First of all, no one prevented him from taking Iblis after Kandicha. Well, now one may argue that this is still too powerful a combo, but there comes the rest. During some first turns (while no one had any djinns) I hit the item stack two or three times and came up with like 6 artisans and two djinns, one adding 2 pts per artisan, and another increasing item value by 3. Our third mate (let's name her B) saw me going up quickly and decided to snatch from the board some purple guys while they still were available just to mess up my gains.
There was the moment the winner (C) put his hand to extermination of our artisans. B also had some 5 or 6 of them. Our next mistake was that we failed to purge the board of red meeples to restrain C from his killing spree. So, after the bloodbath was concluded, C was up 11 artisans and that many items, of which the flute popped up twice (the stack went out and had to be reshuffled) plus the carpet, the horn and the wind charm. The rest of his items were mainly Fives, as me and B had managed to snatch both the Nines and some Sevens.

So, after all, our mistakes (B's and mine) made the 25-ish difference between C and me quite well deserved. That's another reason I'm rather in favor of letting the Kandicha's and Iblis's owner grab two items per kill, as long as he has enough elders to trigger Iblis, the red guys are on the board to do the job for him and his opponents had gathered enough artisans to keep the business running.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.