Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say I do an assassination-action against a player with two artisan meeples. I pay my Iblis to "double" the assassination. So I kill both artisans of my victim. Further I own Kandicha, that means, I don't put the two artisan meeples into the bag, but use their tribe action and keep the meeples.

Now comes the question: Is the killing of the two artisan meeples treated as two successive assassinations, or as a single "double-assassination"?

Note the implication of this: If it is two successive assassinations, then I draw two items and keep both of them (2 times the usage of one artisan). If it is treated as a double assassination, then I also draw two items, but can keep only one of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Bushey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have rules in front of me, but this has come up in my games before. We play that you get both meeples, but you don't get the treasure for them. The treasure (or any other ability) is only for the person that removed them from the tiles. You have me wondering if we've been playing wrong. Hopefully, someone else chimes in, otherwise, I'll have to pull out my rules when I get home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You clearly played wrong. The last page of the expansion flyers explains in the box for the revised Kandicha, that you get an item.

So I regard it as undisputed, that you draw item(s). It is only the question, how much you can keep in combination with Iblis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TX WA
United States
Snoqualmie
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what is the ruling on this? Have we gotten a certain official answer? I played a game against this very combo last night - Iblis, Kandicha, and killing 2 Artisans which gave him 2 items - and it seems very over-powered. Iblis + Kandicha is already super strong, but then to add the fact that your opponent then also gets to draw and keep 2 items was an near-impossible combo to beat. If it was just "draw 2 and keep 1 item", it would be slightly less of a beating lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.