Popular Tags: [View All]
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

Played this after a really long-time and hence very rusty with the rules, strategy etc.

Today we had Engineer 8, who grants us to repeat the action of a single space action space that we've used this turn. Today we had a situation where one of the players placed a single worker to take up the 2 turquoise workers and later in the turn the Engineer 8 was open and he placed another worker and said he wants to repeat the single worker action of taking 2 more workers, which means 4 workers extra!!! is that the right way of playing that?

Also wanted to confirm- You don;t need an engine (locomotive) that can cover up to space 9 on the Moscow track to score that 10 points when you reach the end right? (I had a 8 engine, but my black track reached 9, but the other players said, I couldn't score the 10 points as I did not have the 9 locomotive ti power the track)

The scoring of grey and other colored tracks on other tracks apart from Trans- Siberian is same as the 1st track...i.e grey=1, brown= 2 etc....

The points on the Moscow track are cumulative...correct?

Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Z-Man FAQ, no you cannot reuse temp worker space as you are limited to 2 temp workers par round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

theoretical he could repeat the action to get the Turquoise workers, but as there are no workers standing there he gets nothing so practical that means you cannot copy this action.

If a locomotive is necessary to score points there is a locomotive depicted at that feature, thus you should have scored the 10 points for completing the Moscow track.

Scoring is same for all tracks and yes those points on the lower track(which btw. is the Kiev track) is cumulative
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no "Moscow track." The three railroads are Trans-Siberian, St. Petersburg, and Kiev. They all implicitly start in Moskow.

The St. Petersburg and Kiev railroads each offer a 10-point "advantage" at position 9. This is detailed at the top of page 17 of the rules, in the section on advantages that accrue without a locomotive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sorry meant St. Petersburg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.