Popular Tags: [View All]
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
I have victory by Columbia games and saw this and wesfront on the geek.
My interest is packed and I want to look I to picking them both up.
I'm happy with 1edition if its cheaper as they appear to have little or no rules changes and the latest rule set is easy enough to find.

Any I'm babbling.
What sort of money am I looking at to buy these two game secondhand as I gather they are out of print box.

Ps gmt the bilge looks similar I know its a bot of topic buy anyone know if it any good?.
THX all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jokerman wrote:
I'm happy with 1edition if its cheaper as they appear to have little or no rules changes and the latest rule set is easy enough to find.

Actually, I think I would stick with the last version of the rules which was for this edition; 2nd edition has a few new units (Hungarians, Bulgarians, I forget) which may affect the scenario setup totals in the 2nd edition rules.

But, yeah, 1st edition is a great game, and (mechanically) is nearly identical to 2nd edition. Going from distant & alcohol-soaked memory here, the main thing you're missing if you get 1st edition without the VolgaFront expansion (which was mostly included in 2nd edition) is a chunk of land on the eastern edge of the map, which doesn't affect early & late war scenarios, but is nice for '42 and '43.

Jokerman wrote:
Ps gmt the bilge looks similar I know its a bot of topic buy anyone know if it any good?.

If you're talking about FAB: The Bulge, yeah, it's a good game too, with some neat concepts, although I found its split rulebooks maddening. I also found it more complex & harder to learn & play than EF, which I feel has one of the best/most intuitive set of rules & presentation ever. For me, it wasn't getting played as much as, say, EF and Rommel in the Desert, so I traded it away, and did not get anything else in the FAB series. But I think lots of people like the series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi buddy thx for the hedsup.
Read some of the rules and it looks quite an intimidating rule set but then realised this included scenarios ,notes,cheat sheets etc.
Sold on getting 1st for a start.
Any ideas what sort of money I should be paying for these

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rice
Scotland
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was lucky to pay about £25 on eBay for a good copy of 1st edition, although they don't seem to come up that often. Definitely worth that. I would probably pay up to £40 inc postage for a good copy. Anything less is a bargain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE......
got east and west front 1st edition from a gaming friend of mine for £15.00 each.
I am happy with that price and now absorbing the rules.
They seem simple but the rule book is thorough.
I have games with prettier pieces but the map is lovely.
I am getting used to the military symbology also having played games like screaming eagles and desert heat etc.
I think I will enjoy this system although having played eidleweis intro scenario I don't know if I played it right but Germans seemed to walk it with all that armour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi mate,
I have wrapped my head around fab bulge now and although classed as a moderately easy game it too me a while to grasp.
Clever little system though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.