Subject: Condensed Arkham Horror Turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wolfie
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there's been a ton of these sheets, and I do love the Universal Head summary, but did a one-sheet very high level game turn summary that is more an at-a-glance look at the turn without as much detail. Not sure if this would be helpful, but here it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mr mr
msg tools
I did one recently, but 6 pages was the best I could do

You have space to add 'no combat if monster on gate' in the movement section on returning from gate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfie
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chucklepie wrote:
I did one recently, but 6 pages was the best I could do

You have space to add 'no combat if monster on gate' in the movement section on returning from gate.

Ah good thing to insert -- that one confuses a lot of folks. I went ahead and added in some detail for the Headline/Environment/Rumor step, as well as cleaned up a few more nits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Ford
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nice! this will be very useful for my group. Would it be possible to get your original document?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfie
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andyford wrote:
Nice! this will be very useful for my group. Would it be possible to get your original document?

Sure, I'll upload it as a pdf in the files section and post the link once it gets approved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you can add Return investigator from LiTaS since it's not in the movement phase (as some newcomer may think)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mr mr
msg tools
Actually, I think I spotted a mistake. Only because I did the same thing.

When you draw a Rumour and already have one, you don't discard and draw another, you carry out everything apart from the rumour text (i.e. gate/monster/clue/movement) then discard it and leave the original Rumour in place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfie
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chucklepie wrote:
Actually, I think I spotted a mistake. Only because I did the same thing.

When you draw a Rumour and already have one, you don't discard and draw another, you carry out everything apart from the rumour text (i.e. gate/monster/clue/movement) then discard it and leave the original Rumour in place.

Well, it's actually more of a clarification in the section. The Mythos phase card reading has a very specific order in which the card should be resolved, and all the other effects of the card should be completed before the Headline, Environment or Rumor piece, which will always ensure the card is discarded or placed in play at the appropriate time. I have added at the top of this section:

"First Player draws and resolves Mythos card in the following order:"

Everything else before the Headline, Environment or Rumor should be resolved, in order, before performing this last step. Updated, along with the Lost in Time and Space return:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfie
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more tweak to make it a bit more clear on the Rumor card placement.

Rumor: If Rumor card is already in play, leave in play and discard drawn Rumor. Otherwise, place drawn card in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfie
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andyford wrote:

Okay the pdf version is now in the files section:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/136752/arkham-horror-cond...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfie
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
v1.1 has a few edits:

- Clarified left otherworld as drawn through destination when "a gate appears"
- Added "remove any clues on the location" to Gate Opening step
- Added "Clue tokens cannot be placed on locations with a gate" to Place Clue Token(s) step

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfie
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
v1.2 is up:
- Added clarification to Mythos Step when gates open on investigators
- Updated header

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/136752/arkham-horror-cond...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.