Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Clark
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the cost difference between the English and German versions at Essen is too high, I may get the German version, as there doesn't look to be too much language dependent text on the game boards themselves, and my German is reasonable.

If my fellow players didn't understand a card, could they use the numbers on the German cards to look up the meaning of a card using an English appendix? (In other words, are the numbers the same on the cards, regardless of the language?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kovatch
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick look at the German and English appendixes online shows that the cards are going to match up in both versions. The card numbers match up.

The example pictured cards show some text on the cards, but it seems like the descriptions look detailed enough that it won't matter.

Don't take this as authoritative -- I did a quick look at the first dozen or so, so you might want to go over it yourself, but that seemed like enough to make a conclusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Shoolman
Australia
Docklands
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zzyzxuk wrote:
If the cost difference between the English and German versions at Essen is too high, I may get the German version, as there doesn't look to be too much language dependent text on the game boards themselves, and my German is reasonable.

If my fellow players didn't understand a card, could they use the numbers on the German cards to look up the meaning of a card using an English appendix? (In other words, are the numbers the same on the cards, regardless of the language?)

Where are people getting Essen prices from? I haven't been able to find any sources except for info that the German version will likely be available for preorder and not the English...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu purple belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No one has the prices, but since the English copies come from Zman in Canada, it stands to reason that they'll cost more because they need to be shipped over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kat5e wrote:
zzyzxuk wrote:

Where are people getting Essen prices from? I haven't been able to find any sources except for info that the German version will likely be available for preorder and not the English...

Feuerland has their German language version 69,90 MSRP on their website.

Are the any more previews of the occupation cards available? Those seem to be the source of language dependency, and the few I've seen are not too bad to decipher from images alone, but it would be nice to see an example of absolute maximum text on a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K_Salz Cotton
United Kingdom
New Malden
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meeple's Corner in the UK has the preorder price listed at GBP75 (86euros).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.