Subject: Pillage Stack Combo Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Cwelich
United States
MIDLAND
TX
flag msg tools
I've seen some posts related to this but I do not think I quite have found the answer... So my question is this: If you were to say pillage a province with an upgraded leader with age 3's "Lord of Spears" card (gain +1 of each stat if you successfully pillage with leader) and a frost giant does that mean you reap the pillage reward three times?

Once for the pillage action
Once for the Frost Giant's ability
Once for the upgraded leader ability.

Meaning then that in Age three if you've met all these requirements and then manage to successfully pillage Yggdrasil you get to boost all your clan stats by +3?

Also, the Tyr's Challenge card (pay 2 rage to re-pillage an already pillaged province) - Can you do this multiple times or just once? And once this card is activated do you just get this pillage reward or does it start a new call to battle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matheus Affonso
Brazil
Porto Alegre
RS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The Frost Giant's effect applies to the "pillage rewards". The pillage rewards are the pillage token icons. That means you'd get +2 Rage, or +2 Horns, or +2 Axes, or +10 Glory, or +2 Rage/Horns/Axes if you successfully pillage with the Giant.

The Lord of Spears allows you to raise all your clan stats by 1 if you successfully pillage with your leader. So that means you would get +1 to each Stat on top of your pillage rewards.

Now if you combo them, you get double rewards, as explained on the first paragraph, plus you get to raise each of your clan stats by 1.

So yes, that means that if you pillage Yggdrasil with both, you get +3 to each of your clan stats.

2. Tyr's Challenge allows you to start a pillage in a province that's already pillaged, as long as you can pay the Rage. It's a normal pillage action, so, yes, there's a Call to Battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you wish to complicate things, there is a monster that is considered to be your leader...
But I think there already was a thread about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matheus Affonso
Brazil
Porto Alegre
RS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newsaidin wrote:
If you wish to complicate things, there is a monster that is considered to be your leader...
But I think there already was a thread about that.

Why would it complicate things?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.