Popular Tags: [View All]
Wot!
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
...i WILL own it all!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am stuck in, for example, a single MM biome, can I expand and speciate to a more favourable M or land biome more than 1 tile away?

This requires me to migrate over land, and lose some or all of my MM roadrunner DNA.

Is this allowed in the migration rules?

This is to cope with being completely isolated as a sea creature, and needing to evolve onto land.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
ilmatyynyalukseni on täynnä ankeriaita
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't I'm afraid,
what you could do is make a new species that's size 3 and give it only one M dna from the parent (not both M's) then you can move to the single M biome.
(i think that's allowed if you can get a size 3 creature with size 3 that is)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dwrigley wrote:
If I am stuck in, for example, a single MM biome, can I expand and speciate to a more favourable M or land biome more than 1 tile away?

This requires me to migrate over land, and lose some or all of my MM roadrunner DNA.

Is this allowed in the migration rules?

This is to cope with being completely isolated as a sea creature, and needing to evolve onto land.

I agree with Jorik. Just to add a bit of simulation background: it seems really hard for a marine creature to invade the land. Gills are worse than useless, isotonic salt balance is out of whack, no bouyancy to counterbalance the brutal force of gravity. The design goal was to have MM something of a dead end as a specialization.

While many vertebrates (especially turtles, lizards, snakes, crocs, plesiosaurs, ichthyosaurs, birds, and mammals) have reinvaded the seas, possibly the lungfish invasion of the land happened but once. And so many marine animals, (jellyfish, cephalopods like squid & octopus, seaweed, sea stars, cucumbers, urchins, & other Echinoderms, nemertine and other marine worms, barnacles, etc. ) have never set foot on dry land.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott de Brestian
United States
Mt. Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil's right, although I'll note that the chit pull seems to tend to produce a series of marine lakes rather than a connected ocean, inhibiting the spread of sea creatures.

An interesting variant might be to change the biome placement rules -- sea tiles must go in the lowest climax space that is adjacent to a sea tile (in that or another latitude) [or an empty space if greenhouse is high enough]. If none available, then place according to the standard rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.