Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roel van Tiel
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was browsing through my collection when I noted Entdecker being listed twice. Went to the gamepage and strangely it seemed to contain two entries for one game, both listed as 'owned'.

Unchecked one of them so the item would no longer appear twice in my lists, but couldn't remove the extra item entry which is still under the 'my game' tab in the main game entry.

Seems to be a minor bug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sacco
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Sauron was not of mortal flesh, he could never again appear fair to the eyes of Men, yet his spirit arose & returned to Mordor. There he dwelt, dark & silent, until he wrought a new guise, an image of malice & hatred made visible; the Eye of Sauron.
badge
One moment only it stared out as from some great window immeasurably high there stabbed a flame of red, the flicker of a piercing Eye. The Eye was not turned on them, it gazed north but Frodo at that dreadful glimpse fell as one stricken mortally.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been getting quite a few of these too. I haven't been able to delete them under my collections. Instead, my successful method is to select the second entry, edit (on right), select more options (on right, symbolized by three horizontal dots), and then select Delete from my collection.

I don't mind multiple entries if I have different versions of the game; but still am unclear why I am seeing duplicate entries otherwise. They were merged with another entry perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is entirely possible to have more than one copy of a particular game in your collection. You can also specify the same version for both copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I select "all" under "collection summary" I get 3 Race for the Galaxy. If I select "owned" I get one. If I add up the games listed in "collection summary", it is less than what appears in "all". Not quite sure how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Budapest wrote:
If I select "all" under "collection summary" I get 3 Race for the Galaxy. If I select "owned" I get one. If I add up the games listed in "collection summary", it is less than what appears in "all". Not quite sure how it works.

You can have entries in your BGG collection that have a variety of statuses, including no status checked. For example, you might as a note to yourself in the private comment field but not mark the entry with any status. However, I'd wager that status-less entries are more often unintentional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van Tiel
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
herace wrote:
It is entirely possible to have more than one copy of a particular game in your collection. You can also specify the same version for both copies.

While I appreciate that possibility, there should also be a way to delete any superfluous entries. Makes for a clearer database, easier tracking and less load on the BGG servers. But maybe this can already be done and I'm simply unaware of it? If so, I'd love someone pointing out to me how these entries could be removed.

Strike that, answer I was looking for was already given in the second post
Quote:
select the second entry, edit (on right), select more options (on right, symbolized by three horizontal dots), and then select Delete from my collection.

I should add to this that after doing this, it might happen that a game does not appear in your 'owned' overview while still being marked owned.
If that is the case, a simple uncheck on the owned status on your first entry, followed by checking it again will solve this problem. Bit of a small workaround to a really minor bug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.