$5.00
$20.00
$30.00
$15.00
Piotr Romański
msg tools
When I just feel like playing something with my wife, I always have problem with choosing a game to play, so recently I created an Android app, that helps me with this. As it was already written and working, I decided to give it a name and put it on Google Play for everyone . It's completely free, no ads, no in-app purchases.

Here's the link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.miprom.boar...

The app is very simple, but maybe you will find it helpful or fun to try . Any feedback welcome!

What it does?
You tell it how many players are ready to play and how much time you have available, and it will randomly give you a board game from your collection that matches the criteria. You can either accept the fate's decision, or ask for another matching game (and so on).

Do I need to enter my game collection?
No! You can import your collection from BGG in seconds. No password required. Details in my answer below.

Why do I need to enter game data like number of players and game time?
From my experience everyone has different playing times and even sometimes changes allowed number of players, so I decided to leave the freedom here for the user. This way you can also enter game more than once with different data (like 2 players version and 4 players version for same game).

Some screenshots:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Android app that chooses for you a board game to play today
BGG has an API for this sort of thing. Search the BGG wiki for API or follow my link. You will notice that have a terms of use which you may find helpful.

http://geekdo.com/geeksearch.php?action=search&objecttype=wi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Romański
msg tools
Thanks! Looks like importing your collection is allowed . I think I can implement this if there are people interested in this feature .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Romański
msg tools
I had some time recently and just published version 1.1 of Bordeo that let's you import collection of games from BGG .

You can find this feature on Manage board games screen in upper left menu. As this is public data, you can import collection of any player without need to log in (so no password ever asked by Bordeo). Import will only add games, it won't change any game data or delete anything. If you have already added some games manually then import will skip them only if name is exactly the same.

After importing Bordeo remembers which games were downloaded from BGG so you can alter name and other data and this game will not be imported again next time (no duplicates).

No photos are imported as for some people having huge collections it would take very long time and eat up bandwidth. Besides I'm not sure if it's allowed to download and store pictures in app's memory. The app is fully functional without images though .

I tested it for users with >300 board games and you can be up and running in under a minute with whole your collection imported to the app .

I also added option to import only games rated 7 or more by you (7 is described as Good - usually willing to play, so I thought it would be nice border). This feature should be particularly useful for people with lots of games but playing only good ones.

I hope you'll find some time to check out the app and give some feedback .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.