Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of people wanted crossover rules between Gods War & Cthulhu Wars. The problem is that the games are so different. It's like trying to merge [i]Twilight Imperium to Cthulhu Wars, IMO. (Well, maybe not THAT bad, but still.)

However … I have adopted another approach. I have taken the time to work over the Gods War “Monsters” and make them a useful add-on for Cthulhu Wars. I am also in the process of doing the same for the Elder Races. Next week I expect to have rules worked up for the Greater Gods, all with loyalty cards & rules for use as Neutral GOOs for Cthulhu Wars. This is all just for fun because why not?

I also know some people have asked to buy just the Monster expansion, without the whole Gods War dealybob. Here's how to do it. Just back the project at the $1 Minion level and in the pledge manager, sign up for whichever item you want. For instance, if you only want the Monsters box, sign up as a Minion for $1, then add $100 for the Monsters box. You’ll get 9 huge detailed monsters (larger than the average neutral Great Old One in Cthulhu Wars) and be able to use them in both games. Or for that matter, they work fine in any game. Call of Cthulhu, for instance! (In the early 90s I did rules for adding a Dragon to Call of Cthulhu, and these rules were published in Dragon magazine!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked that they were seperate and didn't see the need to mix them. I will say this is quite a testament to PGs customer service. You guys are the best!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nimrod Breger
Germany
Dusseldorf
flag msg tools
Might cause me to repledge for this, but I'll have to see it first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.