catherine sadler
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
the necklace that came with the jargano character pack has a description of

Raptor Tooth Necklace

+1 cunning
Once per turn, you may allow a single one of your Hits to ignore a target's TOUGH, ENDURANCE, OR ARMOR ability.

so the question is what is the keyword "armor" supposed to mean? I don't see that keyword on any of the enemy cards. usually armor and defense mean very specific and different things. but enemy cards don't have armor keywords.

we THINK this means like harden shells or chitin plate. but since it isn't specifically marked ARMOR we wanted more clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MT Dav

Maryland
msg tools
I'm playing it to mean the armor value of enemies. So against a bug with armor 2 and 1 wound, the Jargono Native could kill the bug with a damage roll of 2 by using the necklace to ignore the armor of 2 and deal 2 wounds.

I have found this to be very useful with one of my Jargono archers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Some of the monster elite abilities can grant armor rolls. I don't remember which monster has that right now though. Assuming I am remembering correct, then that would specifically be for that armor roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kit Troja
Denmark
flag msg tools
Some enemies ARE able to use/get armor, so in this case, armor means armor

(although I can't for the life of me remember WHICH enemies it is, that can get armor. I remember seeing it on an elite ability once)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
trojaborg wrote:
Some enemies ARE able to use/get armor, so in this case, armor means armor

(although I can't for the life of me remember WHICH enemies it is, that can get armor. I remember seeing it on an elite ability once)

The Lava Men of Cynder can get Armor, and Colonel Scafford can bestow Armor upon outlaws with him; that is what the word "Armor" is referring to in the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.