Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Eberlin
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So we love the game so far. Played yesterday.

The main question we had was in regards to the number of houses given to each player. If a player runs out of houses (which seems pretty reasonable given there are only 20), what should that player do during immigration, etc? Do they just pass? There's no mention of this in the manual.

Great game! We love it!!!!

Jeff and Aviva
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 10 of the rule book near the bottom in the italizied IMPORTANT text, "If, at any time, there are either no avaiable Lots with Ownership cubes or a player is out of houses, then a player must place 1 Ownership cube on the Unrest track for each House that cannot be placed."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Rivera
United States
Fountain
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This can actually work to your advantage. There is a headline card that freezes riots then gives you 2VP for every unrest cube past 8. If you can headline it when you are out of houses, you can give yourself a lot of VPs. I think my best using this strategy is 32VP in one Era.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coyotelaughs wrote:
This can actually work to your advantage. There is a headline card that freezes riots then gives you 2VP for every unrest cube past 8. If you can headline it when you are out of houses, you can give yourself a lot of VPs. I think my best using this strategy is 32VP in one Era.

Yep...a player tried this in our game yesterday...unfortunately for him, another player then played the headline card that freezes the riot track and just gives each player 2 vps for each cube they place n the track...so the original player got nothing from that card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Broadhead
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct and I'm happy you like the game. There are a couple of interesting developments based on the cards that come out and running out of houses can backfire. There were originally 25 houses and with 20 I notice a player can run out. As Dan stated the Vail Hotel can mess with the riots and unrest track. In a recent game we did see Dan score more like 16VP with the Vail Hotel, but players can slip the headline out sometimes and counter it.
Cheers,
Wade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.