10 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Which Zombicide? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deric Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
Planning to get this game but am not sure which season should I settle down (let's say I just wanna get one base game). Season 3 attracts me solely because of the 12 players capability (my gaming group can be fairly large at times), but some people say this game would be easy with more than 6 players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the season 3 missions are still designed for 4-6 survivors. The 12 player thing is for team play. I seem to remember there are only a couple of team missions in the book, although there's nothing stopping you crafting your own.

Season 3 is still the best entry point in my opinion though, particularly if you only intend to get one core box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deric Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
Which season offers the best missions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mb
D4D3r1C wrote:
Definitely not season 2. Everything else is ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Being an owner of Season 3 and Black Plague, I would say Black Plague is by far the best version currently available.

If you're after the modern day setting, though, then I would recommend you play which ever season you go for with Black Plague's rules in mind (especially regarding range attacks).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
D4D3r1C wrote:

I think Season 1's base missions are a bit bland, but there are lots more on zombicide.com that use Season 1.

I think you get the best bang for your buck by buying Season 3 and then the Season 1 tile set, which will allow you to play most of the season 1 missions. The only missions you won't be able to play are those that require the use of food cards, as the season 3 equipment deck doesn't have any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deric Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
I cant find any copy of Black Plague here, so I guess Ill go for season 3 then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Arnold
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Season 3 also has the best rulebook. It is completely fleshed out, with all the parts overlooked in the Season 1 rulebook spelled out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
D4D3r1C wrote:
I cant find any copy of Black Plague here, so I guess Ill go for season 3 then

https://www.amazon.com/Zombicide-Black-Plague-Board-Game/dp/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Watterson
England
flag msg tools
mb
I remember when the general held opinion was to:

Get Season 2 and the tiles for Season 1 and print off the player made Season 1 missions from their website.

Has this changed now ?

btw: this was from wayyyyyy back so no doubt has changed, but I thought I'd ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.