War of the Ring: Lords of Middle-earth» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Captain of Despair" in multiplayer? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Play on the table if The Witch-king is in play and Gollum is not the Guide of the Fellowship.

Starting with the next action, every Character Action die result that you use is added to the Hunt box as an Eye die, after the action is completed.

The Event Card has got a Sauron Nation icon to the lower right.

Just to check - ards that are "played on table" must also be used exclusively by the appropriate player? Only the Character Dice used by the Sauron Player are added to the Hunt Box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krieghund wrote:
Correct.

Lol, I guess I've been (mis?)using the good will of the BGG community a little too much! This game is much more clear and clean-cut than I had thought!

Reading through and watching reviews around before I got to finally play it for the first time, this game had seemed to be a monster with rules, exceptions and exceptions to exceptions. After playing Runewars for 6 times wrong and hearing that this game is actually more complex than Runewars from some members of the BGG community (as well as in general getting that impression, overall), I thought this would be a tough nut to crack.

Turns out this game is a lot more straightforward and easy to learn than I had originally thought. We had one new gamer that learned with pretty fair ease with minimal prior explanation, through the first two turns basically the entirety of the game's rules - and we've just jumbled Treebeard and the Lords of Middle-earth into the game practically immediately, as it seemed not nearly that complex.

I guess I've had a very, very wrong impression of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.