Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Reiter
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I haven't played it yet, and while nothing about the actual play seems confusing, I am confused by why there are less scheme twists in a 4-5 player game. I don't have a lot of experience above two players (a handful of games), but that seems off. Shouldn't there be more twists for more heroes in the hero deck? Or at least less for the 2-3 player games.

Can somebody please enlighten me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More players will have to recruit more heroes and thus the deck will be depleted much faster. I guess they chose to go with less twists in order to counter this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
AdelinDumitru wrote:
More players will have to recruit more heroes and thus the deck will be depleted much faster. I guess they chose to go with less twists in order to counter this

This is 100% correct.

But I will also add that in a 4-5 players game, villains also escape a lot more and when a villain escape, you KO from the HQ and slim the hero deck.

So the best thing to balance this out is to shorten the twists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reiter
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
But I will also add that in a 4-5 players game, villains also escape a lot more and when a villain escape, you KO from the HQ and slim the hero deck.

So the best thing to balance this out is to shorten the twists.

I see what you're saying, so more heroes get recruited each round so more twists would make it impossible. I like the "Go Back In Time" scheme from Capt. America, but I didn't like 8 heroes for a two player game, so this makes more sense. Not saying one is better, apples and oranges really, just thinking out loud - sort of.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.