Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Campbell
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are bandits valid targets for folks in the treehouse, or equipped with sniper rifles/grenade launchers?

I can't find anything in the rules to indicate that they are...but am hoping I'm missing something...thematically it is very odd if they're not.

Similarly, explosive traps sufficient to kill all zombies but don't impact survivors or bandits in the same location at the same time somewhat boggle my mind. Am I missing a rule somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abbcampbell wrote:
Similarly, explosive traps sufficient to kill all zombies but don't impact survivors or bandits in the same location at the same time somewhat boggle my mind. Am I missing a rule somewhere?

I don't have a problem with this - they are traps after all. I believe each round represents about a week in real terms, so setting traps to be triggered even when you are not present (I Am Legend anyone?) seems quite thematic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Campbell
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:

I don't have a problem with this - they are traps after all. I believe each round represents about a week in real terms, so setting traps to be triggered even when you are not present (I Am Legend anyone?) seems quite thematic.

Okay, I'll give you that, I mean the survivor is 'there' if the place is overrun, but the survivor could reasonably shelter from his own team's bomb. What a bout the bandits? Maybe the survivors put up an "Achtung Minen!" for the benefit of their own team and the bandits read it.

What about targeting bandits with a sniper rifle or grenade launcher, or from the treehouse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Thomason
New Zealand
Nelson
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A large portion if not all of the weapons specifically say zombies on the card, whereas bandits follow the same rule as attacking survivors so no. The grenade launcher for example says 'kill 2 zombies' rendering useless vs survivors or bandits. There may be some weapons that can be used but I'm not going through all the cards looking for an example when the rules and text on the cards are pretty obvious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.