Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Roy
United Kingdom
Bath
GB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there, hopefully somebody can offer advice and this is not in the wrong place/spirit of things.

I have inherited a huge quantity of commons and uncommons. While I used to enjoy Magic in the mid-90s, it's not a game I'm looking to get back into now.

Any advice on what to do with the cards? Sell them as one massive lot on ebay? Separate the commons and uncommons, as I've started doing? Separate by set? It seems the cards are about 1/4 uncommon, with just a handful of rares in there.

Most are in very lightly-played condition, but, because of their storage, a number of them are a bit bent. Not creased, but just a bit wavy. Most of them are in good condition, however.

There are literally thousands, with many from dark ascension, scars of mirrodin, mirrodin besieged, avacyn restored, m12 and m13. There are some older cards that are a bit more used, from Arabian Nights and other sets.

Any advice welcomed, and I reserve the right to offer for helpful answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IF it is commons mostly for recent sets you probably just want to go on Ebay. I would take any that might seemed damaged (wavy) and take those out of the equation they won't help you monetarily.

Get a rough count. 3000 uncommon/commons mostly from these sets. I would start at $30 and hope it goes up from there. But don't expect much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the question is how many cards are from the early-mid 90s, alpha, beta, revised, Arabian Nights? The expansions you listed are mostly after 2000.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Roy
United Kingdom
Bath
GB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:
I think the question is how many cards are from the early-mid 90s, alpha, beta, revised, Arabian Nights? The expansions you listed are mostly after 2000.

Not too many! The vast majority are from the 2010 sets, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Roy
United Kingdom
Bath
GB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Syvanis wrote:
IF it is commons mostly for recent sets you probably just want to go on Ebay. I would take any that might seemed damaged (wavy) and take those out of the equation they won't help you monetarily.

Get a rough count. 3000 uncommon/commons mostly from these sets. I would start at $30 and hope it goes up from there. But don't expect much.

Thanks. So you'd go with just one big set, commons and uncommons all together except for the damaged cards. Will probably go with that, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
royboy_9 wrote:
ZdadrDeM wrote:

Not too many! The vast majority are from the 2010 sets, I think.

Ah, regarding your first paragraph I thought that you played mostly in the mid 90s. I would do as Syvanis said but have a look at the Arabian Night cards before. Even a uncommon poorly condition Library of Alexandria can be worth hundresds of dollars (or euro): https://www.magiccardmarket.eu/Products/Singles/Arabian+Nigh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Roy
United Kingdom
Bath
GB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. I played back then, but these cards are not the same! Unfortunately, all of my 90s cards were stolen when I was a kid - from my own bedroom! Some 'friend', whichever one it was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.