Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Hemming
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
mb
3 player game and the variant with just 2 cards to sell in phase 1

A) Player A (won last round) bids 2 (bankrupt now)

B) Player B bids 2 (bankrupt now)

C) Player C bids 3

D) Player A has to pass now as he has no money left thereby Player B whilst paying the same cash amount (2) gets the 2nd highest card?

Right or wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Close to right.

Actually, player A passes (forced), gets $1 back and gets the worst card.
Player B is forced to pass also, gets $1 back and gets the middle card.
Player C gets no money back but gets the best card.

Also, in some versions of the game you must outbid prior players, so B would have to pass, and get the worst card for free. Then C can bid 3, A must pass and gets $1 back and the middle card, and C still gets the best card and no money back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hemming
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks that's how we played

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Bampi
Italy
Padova
flag msg tools
badge
"Go suck yer blade!"
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:

Also, in some versions of the game you must outbid prior players, so B would have to pass, and get the worst card for free. Then C can bid 3, A must pass and gets $1 back and the middle card, and C still gets the best card and no money back.

Just to point out: "Some versions" including the latest (2016), so unless you specifically want to play with outdated rules, I'd simply say that outbidding is now always mandatory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hemming
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
mb
so then we played with old rules (1997 Ravensburger whistle) and I really found it tedious to just have to keep up with the previous offer instead of outbidding it! So thanks for the hint & I guess I have to check out the updated rules cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
RickNash wrote:
wmshub wrote:

Just to point out: "Some versions" including the latest (2016), so unless you specifically want to play with outdated rules, I'd simply say that outbidding is now always mandatory.

Those have been the rules since the 2005 Uberplay edition. That said, in most cases, I play by the rules in the box; so if I'm playing the old Ravensburger edition, I play with the "fold, call, or raise" rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.