Imperial Settlers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cards with a Poduction AND feature ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
There are several cards we encountered that offer a reward for storing goods on them, such as the Egyptian Gifts of the Pharoah. Another card was one that awarded 1VP per stone on the card.

My question is, can you choose to load the card with stored goods BEFORE taking the production 'reward' for storing, or would you have to produce nothing when first built, then store goods, then next round be rewarded?

I ask as if it comes available in the last round, there would be no benefit to storing if you have to wait...

I checked the rules and forum but can't see the answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Wachowski
Poland
Rudnik nad Sanem (podkarpackie)
podkarpackie
flag msg tools
I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere. You DON'T get goods after building then, becouse:

1) Production phase comes only at the beginning of each turn and ehn you build this building. This is an effect of building, so you may not do any minor actions between them.
2) Generally storing resources is a thing you do between rounds.

Otherwide it would be OP for Egyptians. Their Gifts for the Pharoah is strong enyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Wolfe
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is in the Why Can't We Be Friends rules under Production & Feature Locations. These locations include the Depot cards, Hall of Trophies, Elite, and Gifts of the Pharaoh.

"These cards' Production abilities are constructed in such a manner so that Locations do not provide the player with any initial benefits when they are built (since each Location's production depends on the Goods being stored on them after they are built). The cards' Features allow players to store particular Goods on the cards during the Cleanup phase to save them for the next round. Players cannot place any Goods on these cards during the Action phase."

No, you don't get anything when you build them, because they don't start with Goods stored on them. As stated in the base game rules, you only get to use storage abilities during the Cleanup phase, including these cards' Features. At the end of the Production phase (after the cards produce Goods), you collect all of your stored Goods and add them to your pool of Goods for the round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.