$15.00
$5.00
$30.00
$20.00
Vytautas V
Lithuania
flag msg tools
Could you please suggest which 2 player games with different enough mechanics COMBINATION would be the most close to PERFECT?

What must / should not be on the list:
Castles of Burgundy / Takenoko
Sherlock Holmes Consulting detective / Mr. Jack
Carcassonne / Hive / Go
Battle line / Jaipur / Splendor / Lanterns
Fobidden Desert / Hanabi
Raptor / Lotr: Confrontation
Agricola / Agricola All Creatures B & S / Targi
CV

We like and have Raptor, Carcassonne, do not like San Juan, Patchwork.
I do not like 7 Wonders / 7 Wonders: duel too much.

More theme, less mathy feeling PLEASE! I will make a summary table for voting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
os10
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my wife is my main gaming partner. these are our favorites for 2:

War of the Ring (second edition)
Galaxy Trucker
Twilight Struggle
The Castles of Burgundy
Suburbia
Caverna: The Cave Farmers
Patchwork

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Evans
United States
flag msg tools
I hope this thread gets a lot of participation. I finally got my wife playing every now and then and I want to find out about other good games for couples. So far we've enjoyed Carcassonne, Karuba, Lost Cities, Dominion and Cacao.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Piperni
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stone Age
Pandemic: The Cure
Dead Men Tell No Tales
Jamaica
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Battle Line is an excellent game. So is Jaipur.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Check out Clockwork Wars. It's a pretty darn good dudes on a hex map Euro'ish steampunk game. Quick and fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Two player, my wife and I like:

1 -Innovation. By like I mean we love it! It's weird and swingy but once you grasp how it works it's really an awesome game. Works best with 2, too crazy with 4.

2 - Concordia. A new favorite. A light theme but delightful mechanics and doesn't feel dry to me as some themeless Euros can. Get Concordia: Salsa for the cool extra rules and Concordia: Britannia / Germania for the map of Britain, which gives you an extra 2 player map.

3 - Agricola. Probably her all time favorite. Never gets old. Our set is pimped out with animeeples and such.

Some new games we also like 2 player may be a bit much for many:
CO₂ and The Gallerist

If you want more theme, my kid and I like 2 player Forbidden Stars. I'm sure it's better with 4 but it's still a great 2 player game. (The wife won't play because she doesn't like direct conflict games.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vytautas V
Lithuania
flag msg tools
Thanks for the nice suggestions! Innovation and Concordia are new and interesting options to me. I was considering Twilight Struggle, Galaxy Trucker, Suburbia and Karuba already, just have not put on the list. It seems that Tikal mini, Cinque Terre could be good options for 2 players too.

I don't know how much we are ready for 3,5+ weight games still. Which is must have together with Agricola? I have Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization already. Have not played yet. Must try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.