Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Smith
United States
New Brighton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This has probably been answered, but i haven't seen it yet. I'm looking to buy this game. I hear it plays decent solo, and it says 1-5 but the picture i see of the box in some places says 2-5 on it. The basic retail version is payable solo right? You don't need collector's edition or anything else for those rules and capabilities? Also i heard about the double sided board for larger play. Is that standard for retail version too, or just special editions? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The retail version is solo playable out of the box, but it does not contain the board extension.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Austin: I think that's the old picture of the box, before we added solo. The box now says 1-5 players, as the Automa rules and cards are included in every version of the game.

Every board is double sided, but the board extension is for purchase separately--it doesn't come in the retail box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Smith
United States
New Brighton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for answering so fast guys, and it's always nice when the designer does!!! Is love to get the collector's edition. It's all waiting for the second printing though right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Austin: I think that's the old picture of the box, before we added solo. The box now says 1-5 players, as the Automa rules and cards are included in every version of the game.

Every board is double sided, but the board extension is for purchase separately--it doesn't come in the retail box.

Kicking myself for missing the Kickstarter on this one shake Looking to get it now, but the prices are crazy! Will all the components (expansions, add-ons, etc., be available with the reprint (October?)???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bamonson wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

Kicking myself for missing the Kickstarter on this one shake Looking to get it now, but the prices are crazy! Will all the components (expansions, add-ons, etc., be available with the reprint (October?)???
No, but you can see the current estimates for all of the components here: http://stonemaiergames.com/buy-scythe/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Kristiansen
Denmark
Kongens Lyngby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raptork1d wrote:
Thanks for answering so fast guys, and it's always nice when the designer does!!! Is love to get the collector's edition. It's all waiting for the second printing though right?

The collector's edition will not be reprinted, but the various parts will be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Pluschau
United States
New York
flag msg tools
will the retail packaging that is being released in 2017 have the same double sided board as the current version? I know it won't have the extension but i already ordered the extension and won't be able to get the actual game until it is released in January.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rcpluto wrote:
will the retail packaging that is being released in 2017 have the same double sided board as the current version? I know it won't have the extension but i already ordered the extension and won't be able to get the actual game until it is released in January.
Thanks

Yes, the retail version has the double sided board.

As an aside the game was released some months ago, but we've had a hard time keeping up with the demand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.