BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Game Plus Products Card Sleeves - How Thick Are They? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Murtaugh
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Miniature Markets has started carrying this brand of sleeves and they are 50 cents per pack cheaper than Fantasy Flight sleeves which I usually buy. It is tempting to purchase them, but does anyone know the sleeve thickness?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Buerger
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
I have been doing similar research and can't find much information. They are re-branded HCD and from what I gathered those were 90 micron, so premium but not on the upper end of premium. No guarantees though as I can't find anyone that actually owns them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scratch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify, HCD changed their name to GamePlus. Hard to say if it was a buyout or merger situation, or if they simply thought a new name would sound better.

I'm just clarifying, because re-branded usually means that manufacturer A produced it, and company B repackaged it without the manufacturer's name on the package or product.

Being the company renamed itself, I would lean toward them being the same 90 micron thickness, but if it was a buyout/merge/change in partnership, that could potentially mean changes in production techniques and quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerod
United States
Mount Vernon
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HighExodus wrote:
Miniature Markets has started carrying this brand of sleeves and they are 50 cents per pack cheaper than Fantasy Flight sleeves which I usually buy. It is tempting to purchase them, but does anyone know the sleeve thickness?

I also typically buy FF sleeves. I hope these game plus sleeves are comparable thickness and quality. I won't be too disappointed if I have to switch. Not a fan of the big Asmodee/FF buying up every game board company M.O. so I'm hoping this will be a good thing for MM to discontinue FF sleeves, and switching to game plus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.