Subject: Custom TIE Defender cards - Templates by RougeKnight rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Huffstetler
United States
Warner Robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
Fantasy Flight finally released the TIE Defender in the upcoming Wave 5.... but I wasn't satisfied with the stats. The Defender was more than just an advanced bomber. It was super fighter. Here are some custom stat cards a friend and I drafted, using RougeKnight's templates. Enjoy!

Many thanks again to RougeKnight for those professional grade templates!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Roberts
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I literally just got into this game... and now im having flashbacks to my childhood blowing up rebel scum in the Tie-D looking at these cards

Thanks for sharing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Awesome pictures. Though double scatter would be al.ost game breaking on a blue/black bomber. Bombers that are absolutely immune to ships is too much. Scatter/Brace is more fair.

Shadow squad should be a lot more than 25. More like 28-29. The text you chose is super powerful as it just turns off literally any ace you face. Like a superpowered Dutch.

Royal guard should be 26.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Huffstetler
United States
Warner Robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
Hey thanks for the feedback! Sorry I have not been back on for a while.

Upon playtesting, they are quite overpowered. I've reworked the stats a little but kept them expensive. Because of the expense and rarity, Defender pilots are aces in there own right.

I remember playing X-Wing Alliance on PC as a kid and even on normal difficulty, the Defenders were terrifying! They were faster, more powerful, and tougher than anything the Alliance had in inventory. Getting your sights on one of them was a chore, catching up to them near impossible even in a A-wing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Huffstetler
United States
Warner Robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
Well FFG finally added Defenders to the game, late 2016. So I guess this thread is obsolete... I may revisit this though if I am dissatisfied with FFG's stats. However it looks they gave it sharper teeth, a tougher hide, and a lower price than I had conceived!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.