Subject: Exploring? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim McDonnell
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
If I have finished the fight for one of the doors, do I have to explore to get back up to four doors, or can I go to one of the unvisited three? I am not sure from reading the rules, which it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically... the answer is yes to both...

Yes - To get back up to 4 doors... you have to "Explore."

But also...

Yes - You can just "Enter the Room" of the other three doors instead of "Exploring" to refresh to 4 doors.

It's typical to "Enter the Room" and either Face It/Flee all 4 doors before you "Explore" to bring the total door number back up to 4. But... you can "Explore" earlier than that to refresh back to 4 doors. It costs you most time to do it earlier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, on your turn you can either enter one of the remaining three doors, or spend your turn refreshing back up to four doors. Usually the right move is to open one of the three.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thels de Kwant
Netherlands
Haarlem
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
Note that if the deck is about to run out, you may want to explore before all cards are encountered.

Say I've explored, and since then defeated two of the four cards, with two doors remaining face down. I've paid the start of turn cost for the next turn. There are 12 cards still left in the deck.

If I encounter the remaining two doors, I spend 4 more time after. I then explore, which takes another 4 door cards, and then spend 2 more time, leaving only 2 cards in the deck, enough to safely explore one card.

If I explore first, it only takes 2 cards, and then spend 2 more time, leaving 8 cards in the deck, enough to safely explore all 4 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.