Reef Encounter» Forums » General

Subject: Okay if short on polyp tiles? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
Hello! I have a chance to get a copy of Reef Encounter, but sadly 3 out of the 40 white polyp tiles are missing. I was thinking I could use the other coloured tiles to proxy 2 of them, making each colour just one tile short each, but would this affect the gameplay in any way? I've only played this game once before, so I'm not sure if the end condition of running out of polyp tiles etc. is one that ever really occurs.

Time is a factor here (math trade!), so speedy responses are appreciated! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say yes it is ok. But I will also say, I received this game in a trade a year or so ago, and was missing a few tiles, and Z-Man replaced them for me, so I would go ahead and get the game, and write to Z-Man and ask if they can send you replacement tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can't replace them, I suggest you cut some new ones out of white cardboard of the same thickness. The look is not super important, since you draw tiles from a bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
Thanks! The current owner has offered to cut me some tiles (he had an unwanted box of the same thickness), and I will write to Z-Man to see if they happen to have any extras I'm looking forward to playing this again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
Just as a followup for anyone who might encounter a similar problem: I contacted Z-Man customer support, and they are sending me 3 white polyp tiles! However I've discovered that I have, oddly enough, 2 green parrot fish containers and 2 yellow parrot fish containers (instead of 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 purple, and 1 red). They were unable to help me with the latter problem because they're very low on replacement parts, but that bit is just a cosmetic issue anyway. Thumbs up for Z-Man support

(Btw, if anyone has duplicate red/purple parrot fish containers, let me know and we can swap )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.