Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tanya
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have completed and lost our first game in November. We have managed to vaccinate six cities, so have completed and destroyed that objective. We have also sabotaged all military bases on the board, and have used up all of the starting military base and sabotaged military base stickers; so no military bases are added at the start of the game, and we can no longer sabotage military bases. This means we have only two valid objectives for the second game in November (discover 3 cures, and have 3 vaccine factories on the board).

Does this mean we only need to complete the remaining two objectives to win the second game in November?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can still build and then destroy military bases, they don't have to be starting bases to qualify. It's kind of cheap, but that's what you have to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hay
United States
Owensboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tantan wrote:
We have completed and lost our first game in November. We have managed to vaccinate six cities, so have completed and destroyed that objective. We have also sabotaged all military bases on the board, and have used up all of the starting military base and sabotaged military base stickers; so no military bases are added at the start of the game, and we can no longer sabotage military bases. This means we have only two valid objectives for the second game in November (discover 3 cures, and have 3 vaccine factories on the board).

Does this mean we only need to complete the remaining two objectives to win the second game in November?

Were you instructed to destroy the vaccinate 6 cities objective? I don't remember if you were or not. But if you were not specifically told to destroy that objective, then I think you can consider it completed at the start of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MentalGuy wrote:
tantan wrote:

Were you instructed to destroy the vaccinate 6 cities objective? I don't remember if you were or not. But if you were not specifically told to destroy that objective, then I think you can consider it completed at the start of the game.

Yeah, have 6 vaccinated cities is a one-time objective.

They're going to need to create some additional military bases specifically to destroy them - Soldier and Operations Expert both have relevant useful abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanya
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies everyone. It occurred to me also after I originally posted that this was probably what we would have to do. It's great to have confirmation from others that this will have to be our approach!

runtsta wrote:
You can still build and then destroy military bases, they don't have to be starting bases to qualify. It's kind of cheap, but that's what you have to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.