Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I am a Turtle.
mbmbmbmbmb
... K I'll bite. Can we please get some more info for this game? I'm really interested and am hoping it is on the lighter side in regards to time and money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll tell and show more in the coming months, but I can already say the game is less than an hour, and should be less than 40€.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyler Tipsord
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Any info you can reveal yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skyler1221 wrote:
I can tell it's a tactical brawling game using dice, with a clever preliminary phase where you bid with your character's HP to get the best gears (Weapon, Armor, Mount & Spell). During the fight, your 4 pieces of equipment will be activated with 7 dice, and will allow powerful combos (providing you made the right choices during the first step of the game ). Whenever a Hero dies, whoever has the most HP wins the game.
It's really really fun, and we had incredibly good feedback so far. The game has a LOT of replayability, as there are more Equipment cards in the box than needed to play, and the board's setting (size, columns, traps, healing fountains…) is modulable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyler Tipsord
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Mattintheweb wrote:
skyler1221 wrote:
I can tell it's a tactical brawling game using dice, with a clever preliminary phase where you bid with your character's HP to get the best gears (Weapon, Armor, Mount & Spell). During the fight, your 4 pieces of equipment will be activated with 7 dice, and will allow powerful combos (providing you made the right choices during the first step of the game ). Whenever a Hero dies, whoever has the most HP wins the game.
It's really really fun, and we had incredibly good feedback so far. The game has a LOT of replayability, as there are more Equipment cards in the box than needed to play, and the board's setting (size, columns, traps, healing fountains…) is modulable.

That sounds absolutely amazing! Release date confirmed yet? I had saw some site (can't remember which) say April, but I haven't seen anything else to support that claim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skyler1221 wrote:
That sounds absolutely amazing! Release date confirmed yet? I had saw some site (can't remember which) say April, but I haven't seen anything else to support that claim.
We should be able to release the game in April in France, but I don't think it will hit the store in English before June… blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyler Tipsord
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Mattintheweb wrote:
skyler1221 wrote:
We should be able to release the game in April in France, but I don't think it will hit the store in English before June… blush

Okay, sweet!

Other random question, the characters we play as: Are we playing as gods? Demi-gods? Just random heroes/fighters? And are they minis or cardboard standees?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skyler1221 wrote:
Other random question, the characters we play as: Are we playing as gods? Demi-gods? Just random heroes/fighters? And are they minis or cardboard standees?
Players are Champions from different mythologies (Greek, Aztec, Nordic, etc.) fighting each other to entertain their Gods. We went for cardboard standees to keep the price tag low (around 30€) and to use the awesome art by Paul Mafayon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyler Tipsord
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Mattintheweb wrote:
skyler1221 wrote:
Players are Champions from different mythologies (Greek, Aztec, Nordic, etc.) fighting each other to entertain their Gods. We went for cardboard standees to keep the price tag low (around 30€) and to use the awesome art by Paul Mafayon.

Okay, cool! Can't wait to see more info as it comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyc9oJPuPBo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IELLO is a GREAT company and so of course I'm interested in this game however I immediately pause when I read combat is dice based. Are there any gameplay elements to help mitigate bad roles and keep the game from just being random rolling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Customer Service, Translator, Webmaster, Reviewer Contact for IELLO USA
badge
Ask me stuff! I'll help you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kind words! There are generic actions you are able to use with pairs of the same face. However, part of your strategy should be bidding for cards that give you a variety of symbols, so you're not stuck trying to roll one die face. The rules are posted on the game page if you wanted to read more about gameplay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
daloester wrote:
Thanks for the kind words! There are generic actions you are able to use with pairs of the same face. However, part of your strategy should be bidding for cards that give you a variety of symbols, so you're not stuck trying to roll one die face. The rules are posted on the game page if you wanted to read more about gameplay!

Will do thank you for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.