Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw something about the second edition has a new rule book. Has this version be electronically released?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petros Lee
United States
North Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: New Rule Book
I'll be honest, when I saw the title of this thread, I got so excited.

Nope, not yet there's been limited information about the new edition, as of late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: New Rule Book
Please add question marks to thread titles like this. It's misleading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fixed...though by the number of thumbs the two responses got shows the community's desire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Games World
Saudi Arabia
Jeddah
Jeddah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aleuhe wrote:
Fixed...though by the number of thumbs the two responses got shows the community's desire.

Yea I agree

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Powell
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second that. The interest and desire to know if there are differences is most certainly there in my group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foldedcard
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Paul Grogan recently announced on his podcast that he had finished the new rulebook and that it was off to print.

Also, interesting link showing new box and box art:

http://www.gtsdistribution.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=A79...

(If the link doesn't work, use the search box to look for Robinson Crusoe)

Also, reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/4us6pq/new_edit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
Will the new rulebook be comptabile with the old version?

I started to playing this game recently, but unfortunately it takes so much time that I can't play it everyday Would be nice to a have a revised rulebook when I don't remember something
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Taylor
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archidelic wrote:

Ignacy has said that the new rulebook will be compatible with the old version. One of the perks of the new version will be the over 450 edits to cards (from the original Portal version, not the Zman), etc to clarify the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bat395 wrote:

Ignacy has said that the new rulebook will be compatible with the old version. One of the perks of the new version will be the over 450 edits to cards, etc to clarify the game.

This is the straw that broke the camel's back. Early buyers of games just get screwed. We are all better off to wait for the updated versions of games and rules before paying our hard earned money. Seems like most new games do this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Koenig
Germany
Fuerth
Bayern
flag msg tools
Tom is crazy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Year Published
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lucky henry wrote:

This is the straw that broke the camel's back. Early buyers of games just get screwed. We are all better off to wait for the updated versions of games and rules before paying our hard earned money. Seems like most new games do this.

While I agree with your sentiment, if it wasn't for all you "Early buyers" game publishers wouldn't think there was a demand for updated versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
aleuhe wrote:
lucky henry wrote:

While I agree with your sentiment, if it wasn't for all you "Early buyers" game publishers wouldn't think there was a demand for updated versions.

That's the problem. They sell what is, in effect, a beta version. Then they rely on their paying customers to do the proofreading and playtesting that should have been done before release!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bat395 wrote:
[q="Archidelic"]Will the new rulebook be comptabile with the old version?

As a proof reader, I can confirm you that yes it definitely is, though there are minor changes here and there : as said some cards editing, scenario sheets clarified and also some small changes on the rules themselves on specific points but compatible for sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
lucky henry wrote:
aleuhe wrote:
lucky henry wrote:

That's the problem. They sell what is, in effect, a beta version. Then they rely on their paying customers to do the proofreading and playtesting that should have been done before release!

You act like this was a Kickstarter game, and has only just been released. The original version was published 4 years ago and has been printed and reprinted many times in between by several different publishers in several languages. Yes, their English translation has flaws. No, that doesn't mean this game is a 'beta version'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We have different opinions, and that's OK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lucky henry wrote:
bat395 wrote:

Ignacy has said that the new rulebook will be compatible with the old version. One of the perks of the new version will be the over 450 edits to cards, etc to clarify the game.

What the hell are you talking about? Existing Robinson Crusoe is a GREAT game. 4 years of experience out there by thousands of players allowed them to adjust some wording around.

It is a great game as it stands. And there's nothing that makes the game experience better in the new edition.

If you're worried about rules, then this will be made available to everyone online for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
I feel kinda bad, since I bought the game last month didn't know about this until yesterday when I asked about the rulebook.

So I am a little sad, but like people are saying, Robinson Cursoe is already a great game, you just have to spend some time looking at the FAQ and BGG foruns =P

Wish they could do a Conversion Kit for this.... but over than 450 edits to the cards? Is more easy to buy a new game X) If they could make it cheaper....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foldedcard
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Archidelic wrote:
I feel kinda bad, since I bought the game last month didn't know about this until yesterday when I asked about the rulebook.

So I am a little sad, but like people are saying, Robinson Cursoe is already a great game, you just have to spend some time looking at the FAQ and BGG foruns =P

Wish they could do a Conversion Kit for this.... but over than 450 edits to the cards? Is more easy to buy a new game X) If they could make it cheaper....

It's not that bad. I think a better rulebook will be more noticeable than the card tweaks. The worst wording was the rulebook's description of mystery card resolution, which is just totally erroneous in the Z man version. Most of the other problems involve ambiguities but you just need to decide whether to choose a more or less generous interpretation. You get a good feel for this after a few plays. But another major complaint is that the game is fiddly with all the decks and tokens, and there's no indication that will change with the new version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
lucky henry wrote:
bat395 wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? Existing Robinson Crusoe is a GREAT game. 4 years of experience out there by thousands of players allowed them to adjust some wording around.

It is a great game as it stands. And there's nothing that makes the game experience better in the new edition.

If you're worried about rules, then this will be made available to everyone online for free.

A new rule book plus more than 450 edits to the cards, yet you say that there's nothing that makes the game experience better. Right. <snort>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Sparks
msg tools
mbmbmb
lucky henry wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:
lucky henry wrote:
bat395 wrote:

A new rule book plus more than 450 edits to the cards, yet you say that there's nothing that makes the game experience better. Right. <snort>

you know what, a reissue with a newly translated rulebook and text adjustments is supposed to make the game better to play so "snort" yourself, I'm glad they have done it. I'm sorry if you feel you got ripped off but 4 years is more than enough time between editions. Perhaps you might let us know what is your minimum length of allowable time before releasing a new edition. Or would you prefer nothing ever changes, ever?*

*It's not even a new edition in the sense of many 2nd Editions featuring rules revamps or mechanics changes. It's simply rules clarifications that were clearly necessary as evidenced by the number of forum questions and FAQ's available on bgg. It's purely "better to play" because there's less downtime puzzling over interpretation of the rules or looking up supplementary guides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The snort is because he said there was nothing that makes the game better, yet clearly there would be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grandy
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bat395 wrote:
Archidelic wrote:

The real question is, will the new cards be available for purchase for s "early adopter"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foldedcard
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
neoOberon wrote:
bat395 wrote:
Archidelic wrote:

The real question is, will the new cards be available for purchase for s "early adopter"?

Given that probably means replacing all of the cards in the game, i don't think that would be cheap. It looks like there are also some board changes and component upgrades. If you like the game enough it seems like you may as well go the whole hog and upgrade everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just thinking that if publishers released a game and then never did anything to improve it, these releases could never be considered betas. But I don't think that is really in anyone's best interests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.