Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
So is the 3 player spot used in a two player game? The rules say to use all 4 spaces from the left but yet the last one has the 3 icon which would lead me to believe that's only for 3 player games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Boaventura
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. 4 spaces from the left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thiagbs wrote:

That causes a weird situation though as once one player is first it's only $6 to stay in the same spot for the rest of the game (the $2, 3x) for them to stay that way so why would they go second to the ($2, 2x) space?

It seems it would make the game hard if they only had the choice of the first 3 spaces. The icons on the board don't make sense here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
thiagbs wrote:

That causes a weird situation though as once one player is first it's only $6 to stay in the same spot for the rest of the game (the $2, 3x) for them to stay that way so why would they go second to the ($2, 2x) space?

It seems it would make the game hard if they only had the choice of the first 3 spaces. The icons on the board don't make sense here.

Because they don't have the extra 2$?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's $6 for both spots so no reason to give up first

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rahdo did it backwards in his run through video but I think we are going to start doing it this way since it makes mores sense that if you decide to go last it's cheaper.

go to 31:00 to see what i mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bhb09Mqcxg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like I posted in the variant thread you created:

"You realize that paying $6 doesn't guarantee anyone to be first... in that example Richard used the two spaces to the right of the track...

there are still two spots to the left, so in that case, if Jen had paid $6 to stay in the same place she wasn't guaranteed to be first... Richard could pay $6 to go the the next spot on the left and he's now first player.

And there's another reason for Jen to go to the spot on the right paying the same $6 she would pay if she would have stayed in the same spot... it's pretty obvious to see, you go to the right most spot so that in the following round you will pay less if you want to take first player again... since it didn't make difference to her now be in second or first, by going second she's doing 3 things:

1- Forcing Richard in the next Round to choose his placement in the turn order track first

2- She's forcing Richard to pay more next round (he will always have to pay at least $6, even to go last, instead of the $4)

3- She'll be able to go to first place by paying less than she would have to pay if she had stayed in the same place now... for example, if she wants to go to the spot on the leftmost space she would now have to pay $6 instead of $9

You keep wanting to change things in games after you have played them one time... the designers of the games you play must be pretty stupid to not realize dumb mistakes they made they you do discover when you play for the first time!! Impressive!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious to hear from the designers again, thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

If you just want to hear from the designers send them a PM... Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

If you just want to hear from the designers send them a PM... Thanks in advance

My variant idea is for all to benefit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.