Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rick haroutunian
Canada
Georgetown
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
If zombie has no line of sight and noise levels are the same where does he move? In other words, if all survivors are on their own space with no noise markers there noise level is 1. Where does the zombie move with no line of sight and all survivors share the same noise level?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Split into two groups, add extra zombies as necessary.

edit: or as many groups as necessary, adding zombies to make equal groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rick haroutunian
Canada
Georgetown
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm talking one zombie. Not a group. What dictates where he moves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rickjunyor wrote:

Yeah, I know. Unless I'm mistaken, pg. 24 of the rule book talks about splitting groups. This is a situation where two paths are the same to a given target. Given an options, zombies split.

I may be wrong, but a single zombie still should split.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutrix wrote:
rickjunyor wrote:

Yeah, I know. Unless I'm mistaken, pg. 24 of the rule book talks about splitting groups. This is a situation where two paths are the same to a given target. Given an options, zombies split.

Correct, and if it should be standing in a four-way intersection, for example, it could even split and move four ways, adding three Zs, if each of those paths represented a distinct route to one of the noise locations.

It doesn't matter whether one equal noise is closer to the Z. It won't regard distance.

This is a great example of how noise management is so important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the process to follow, given you've already determined there are multiple target Zones:

1: For each of the target Zones, find the shortest route or routes to that Zone.
2: For each route you found in step 1, look at the first Zone the Zombie would move to along that route.
3: The group (even a group of 1) will split to go to all the Zones you found in step 2 in equal numbers. Divide the size of the group by the number of Zones, rounding up. That many Zombies will go into each Zone found in step 2. Add Zombies from the supply if needed to make up these numbers.

For example, one of the two Zones of loudest noise has one shortest path to reach it, where the Zombie starts off going South. The other Zone of loudest noise has two paths: one starting to the East and one starting to the South.

In step 2, you'll find two Zones total (South and East). This means if you started with one Zombie, after step 3 you'll end up with two, with one in the South Zone and the other in the East Zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
Enter Text Here
badge
[b][Vote :goo:][/b]
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombies, like sandpeople walk single file to disguise their numbers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutrix wrote:
rickjunyor wrote:

yup, as @gutrix and others said, the splitting process of any number of zombies, even just one, is what make noise management really important. At some point we though of removing that splitting mechanic (it was weird) but removing it made such a huge different (we were just rolling path for the zombie (s)) that we left it in. It quite interesting the difference that it makes...

and @clipper already explain the movement / split process quite well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
3: ... Add Zombies from the supply if needed to make up these numbers.

I don't suppose you have a reference for this? I can't seem to spot it in the book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.