Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Smith
Australia
Mount Helen
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is nothing in the rules that mentions this token in details.

but my question here is relating to the Sins Player and their ability to add tokens to the board etc, I'm assuming and think it would make sense, that the Sins Player could not add tokens to this spot as this is some what of the "FAITH Headquarters".

This above would allow the Sins Player to play a fire or corruption token into their start zone off the bat, putting the Heroes on the back foot.

Thoughts? or did I miss something in the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shadi Khoja
Saudi Arabia
Jeddah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From my experience, the Sins player needs to put the Heroes on the back foot right off the bat.

I always treated the starting zone just like any other zone, including for the placement of start of round tokens etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAITH start token is definitely mentioned in the rules and in the story setup instructions. There are no rules or restrictions regarding the space that it is in, unless explicitly mentioned in the rules or the story instructions. In general, don't add or assume rules that are not there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Smith
Australia
Mount Helen
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both helpful posts, and valid point about putting them on the back foot. I have seen it mentioned in there for sure, but only that that is where the Heroes start, nothing else about it.

However, some times it is good to add a house rule into games though. But I will double check the book again, and if not, then, game on with the tokens in the starting zone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mckay
United Kingdom
Westerham
Kent
flag msg tools
Good, bad... I'm the guy with the gun.
mbmb
I would think that the FAITH starting point is more of a dropzone type situation... They don't have a base there as they are out in the field, in which case you should be able to affect it as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
icarusmustburn wrote:
The FAITH start token is definitely mentioned in the rules and in the story setup instructions. There are no rules or restrictions regarding the space that it is in, unless explicitly mentioned in the rules or the story instructions. In general, don't add or assume rules that are not there.

Good point. I've been treating that space as off limits in all my games as the Sins player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Smith
Australia
Mount Helen
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah this was my thought too, but it makes sense that it is some what of a "drop zone", that said, i haven't read any of the other stories with NPCs and stuff, but i didn't see a point to it, but i assume in other stories its the place in which you take them back to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Jameson
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JonaBullets wrote:
yeah this was my thought too, but it makes sense that it is some what of a "drop zone", that said, i haven't read any of the other stories with NPCs and stuff, but i didn't see a point to it, but i assume in other stories its the place in which you take them back to.

Yeah, I agree - it should be seen as a drop zone or incursion point. The FAITH secret base is presumably much more well hidden and secure ninja

Rules wise - to reiterate what a couple above have said: FAITH token has no rules attached other than being the start space for your heroes. I would say that a fairly standard move from the Sin player would be to throw a token on there at the beginning (depending on Story rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Augustine
United States
AUSTIN
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sins player has put stuff in the starting district in just about every game Ive played with no complaint. Faith is winning most of our games. Never had a complaint about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Sins Player can most definitely put harmful tokens in the starting space. The only restriction to placing harmful tokens is that you can't place more then one in the same space at the start of turn. You can still place them where other tokens are already on the board and the start space. If the Faith Team doesn't like having their starting base on fire, then they had better cleanse it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.