7 Posts

Yomi (second edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Box size of Complete 2nd Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reini Schmidt
msg tools
Hi there,

can somebody tell me what the box size of the Complete 2nd Edition is?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess this is the place you want to look at:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/167387/yomi...

it says 12.00 x 10.00 x 3.80 inches

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reini Schmidt
msg tools
Ahhhh...

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome -- Just remember, the EX box doesn't contain all 20 decks. It just offers storage for them (and contains some EX cards, I think).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
United States
Athens
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The included insert is also not able to hold sleeved cards, if you do that (a baffling choice, in my opinion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spare Tire
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As an avid sleever of other games, I passed on sleeving Yomi.

Aside from having to drop the very nice storage box provided, I had two other reasons to skip my beloved sleeves.

1. The card orientation matters when you play -- so if I'm playing a card with the open end of the sleeve facing my opponent... am I giving away info? Even if my opponent doesn't notice the open v closed end of the card, shuffling becomes more of a chore as the sleeve orientation is no longer uniform after a play or two.

2. As the game is not collectable, should one of my decks actually show noticeable wear after numerous plays (one can dream that this hits the table so often!!!!) I can buy another couple of decks for less than the cost of a few Magic: The Gathering chase rares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus the cards are so durable and nice, sleeping them seems like a crime. I was unsure what I would do, until I received the cards and discovered they are super tough and high quality. Best cards I own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.